Hi! New here. 50, pre-menopausal, 50% BMI, sedentary, no official diabetic diagnosis

(Monica “Monster Jean” Wendel) #1

I’m about 3 weeks in. Clumsy start with just enough info to be dangerous. Been binge-listening to the Dudes podcast and learning bunches. I don’t own a scale, but my pants are fitting differently and I feel like a million bucks (well, maybe $100, but that’s $99 better than when I started!)
Just a few things that I’ve noticed: no more heartburn, back pain, body stiffness, stolen fingers, itchy watery eyes, blurred vision, 2 p.m. crash and that’s just for starters. My only grumble is that for the first 2 weeks, I couldn’t poop. That’s never been a problem for me and it’s evened out some now, so I’m just going to keep on Ketoin’ on and making adjustments until I find my comfy, steady fat burning groove.
Thanks for having’ me!! LOVE the Podcast :slight_smile: XOXO!!

(Karen) #2

Welcome Monica!

K

(Becky) #3

Welcome!

(Rick) #4

Welcome!

(Roy D) #5

When you state you couldn’t poop, do you mean constipation (i.e. straining), no urge, or something else? (A bit hard to give suggestions without knowing more details.)

One suggestion is to perform a search on this website for your problem. Use the hourglass (located at the upper right corner of the page) to search on keywords. Much good information on this board, answers may already have been posed.

(Darlene Horsley) #6

Welcome aboard!

(Monica “Monster Jean” Wendel) #7

Thanks! Actually, to clarify the poop statement, I had no urge, no straining and when I finally went, it only took a little more effort than is normal for me. I was just concerned that it wasn’t my usual, predictable daily constitutional. I suspect it just comes with the metabolism re-boot. Just wondering of anyone else had a similar experience and if I should be concerned.

(Monica “Monster Jean” Wendel) #8

Thank you :slight_smile:

(Heather Miller) #9

@Monica_MonsterJean_W yes lots of info about changes in frequency, consistency etc of daily routines. Do some searches but first step us to add magnesium. In general though going less frequently is normal when we cut all the 'craps (pun intended) out of our diets!

(Sarah ) #10

Drinking lots of water can help, also eat plenty of veggies

(Roy D) #11

Could be that since you began a keto diet, the diet lowered your appetite, you ate less, and therefore produced less poop.

Could also happen if the amount of bulk fiber was reduced in your diet.

The above is more likely the case if you were Intermittent Fasting (IF).

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #12

Welcome! Love your writing style. I started keto about the same age. I look forward to reading your updates.

(Tammy Kidd) #13

Welcome!

(Monica “Monster Jean” Wendel) #14

Makes total sense. I was IF in the beginning and then learned that the first couple weeks isnt a good time to fast. Trying to get more carb free fiber into my life. Celery and whatnot :slight_smile:

(Monica “Monster Jean” Wendel) #15

Thank you! I’m looking forward to my healthier future and sharing the trials and successes!

(Vicky) #16

Yes, I’ve had the same issue with constipation. Since being on Keto I don’t think I’ve ever gone more than a day without, but I definitely have struggled with painful back ups. Adding more veggies didn’t do anything because cups and cups of greens still doesn’t have more than a gram or two of fiber. My fix was to add a tablespoon of Acacia fiber in the morning and a tablespoon of Metamucil in the evening to get total fiber up to about 20 g a day, which is what my body needs (N=1). Now I feel fine, although I tend to forget to do this on the weekends, so Monday can be uncomfortable.