HI all! New to the forums

(Amy F) #1

Just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks to some wonderful friends, I learned about ketogenic eating 4 months ago and except for a week slip up on a family vacation, have been loving the keto way of eating!

I have hypothyroidism, but have not been diagnosed with pre-diabetes. My question is: Should I be testing my blood sugar?

Also, I am almost caught up with the 2KD podcasts. What is another keto podcast that is a must listen to?

Thanks!

Amy :slight_smile:

(Kristin Rogers) #2

There is very little “should”-ing on this forum (yay!) And a lot more “figure out what works for you”
It can be useful to check blood sugar and blood ketones, but you can also just do the “how does this make me feel” test. If you are eating very low carb, moderate protein and high fat and you feel fantastic and are losing any excess fat on your body that you might want to lose, then you are doing it right, IMO.
If you want to geek out and know how certain foods impact your blood sugar and see if your general glucose metabolism is improving, testing is cool. I don’t have a diagnosis myself, but have a strong family history of diabetes so I test some.

(Linda) #3

Welcome!
Try Keto Talk with Jimmy Moore and Adam Nally
Keto Diet with Leanne Vogel
The Keto Vangelist show with Brian Williamson
Keto for Women show with Shawn Mynor

There’s lots more but that will get you going.

If you are a geek you might enjoy Dr Jason Gung at Intensive Dietary Management. I recommend listening to them in order as he has built on his theme in a fairly logical order. He uses fasting in his therapeutic treatment of morbid obesity and type 2 diabetes, but his podcasts deal with insulin and all of the scientific concepts that keto is based on. Welcome to the board!

There’s a great resource here for other keto podcasts. And when you’re done with those ( :wink: ) , check out the list of books and videos in that part of the forum too.