Hi all, new to forum and sort of new to KETO

I transitioned into keto somewhat by accident. I started 2 Jan of this year by removing gluten from my diet. After that, I decided I needed to remove potatoes, rice, then the rest of the processed carbs I was eating. I guess by doing that I successfully avoided the withdrawals. I have PCOS/insulin resistance, and have since became certain this is what I’m supposed to do. I feel amazing, and I have lots more energy than I’m used to having. Since 2 Jan, I’ve lost 24 pounds. I know you’re not supposed to bother with weighing, but I can’t really help myself.

I sought out forums because I just really felt I needed “someone” to talk to. I think I’m boring my daughter by telling her constantly how amazing this is. :smile:

You won’t bore us when telling us how amazing keto is :wink:

Welcome! And kudos on your weight loss and feeling better!

(The Bacon Pirate) #3

Welcome! Here’s what I do when it comes to telling someone about Keto…I start a conversation about something that person likes…tv show, game etc…then about 30 seconds in, transition into KETO! Lol. I get them every time.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #4

Grab some bacon and join the conversation. There’s some good stuff in here. It’s the ketones. Welcome!

Welcome. It sounds like you are off to an amazing start.

(Michelle) #6

Welcome!! Congrats on your amazing start and healing your PCOS/IR. This is great.

Thanks everyone. I’ve got plenty of bacon!

I tried prosciutto this morning, and I have to admit that I’m not crazy about it at all. :flushed:

(Kathleen Holeman) #8

Bummer! I love it! How do you feel about Summer Sausage?

Well…I haven’t tried it in years, but I didn’t like it back then. I may try it again though since my tastes have changed over the years. I am kinda bummed about not liking the prosciutto, figures, I bought a BIG package of it at Sam’s lol

Welcome! Sounds like you are doing great!

(Jazzykat) #11

Don’t worry! Throw a party and your friends will eat it! Then you can turn then into KETO freaks!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #12

Make a little sammich by layering it with thin slices of Swiss cheese and tomaters’ wrapped in a Romaine lettuce leaf. Dash of mustard, touch of mayo…is anyone else getting hungry?

Thanks, I’ll give that a try. Tonight I’m making Chicken Cordon Blue (keto of course!) Which reminds me, I’ve gotta get the chicken out of the freezer!

(Deb) #14

Ditto…I know I’m boring my daughter and my husband. LOL. Too bad. I’m loving this. WOE!!! Congrats on your renewed health.

(Candace) #15

Welcome! Sounds like you’ve been doing a great job!

(Cathy Schroder) #16

Congratulations on your success!! It’s hard not to talk about something so wonderful isn’t it? That’s one of the reasons that these forums are so amazing. Plenty of like minded people!!

Here’s a recipe that uses up prosciutto to wrap fish in. Since the prosciutto gets cooked and becomes crispy, maybe you will like the taste of it in its cooked form? The original recipe (at the top) uses guanciale (another cured part of pork), but if you scroll down to the seventh message on the string, you will see Richard used prosciutto to wrap fish instead, and it looks like the recipe turned out very good.