Here's a great Breadless Keto Philly Cheese Steak recipe

(Walt ) #1

I purchase ground beef in bulk and divide it up into patties for ease of cooking. Here’s a great Breadless Keto Philly Cheese Steak recipe I’ve created you may really enjoy.

In a medium sized non stick pan Saute sliced/ Diced onion, and red & green bell peppers in olive oil until caramelized, adding garlic powder, fresh ground black pepper and a pinch of Kosher salt

Half way through caramelizing, add thick slices of Portabella Mushrooms. Stir occasionally until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat.

In another smaller pan, add a splash of olive oil to a pan heated to medium heat. Season w/ Kosher salt and black pepper a generous sized hamburger patty, and grill on one side to your desired degree of “done-ness,” flip and then place a good sized slice of Swiss or Provolone on it and finish cooking.

Plate burger and veges, alongside a generous glob creamed horseradish and enjoy!

(Joey) #2

This is virtually the same recipe I’ve been using for a couple of years now, but instead of hamburger meat (which we enjoy for hamburgers) I use “Steak-Ums” thin-sliced beef slabs, which have one ingredient … 100% beef. It looks and behaves a lot like a real philly cheese stake.

I also squirt some avocado-based mayo on the deal, for additional authenticity.

Sometimes I lay all this good stuff (including shredded mozzarella cheese on top) on to a bed of cauliflower rice, which makes my wife happier than scraping the meal off the plate naked.

And just to clarify, naked refers to the food & plate situation. :smirk: