Help

(Hideharu Igaki) #1

I stated ketogenic diet about 2weeks ago following my wife’s instructions. Problem is no energy, my coworker told me you recently move like turtle. Second problem is so thirsty. Last problem is I get so hungry About every 2 hours I just want to sit. Day off from work I can eat every 2 hours, but not at work. Is there anything I can do?

(paul ) #2

Yep, in the begining it can be tough. It took me about 3 weeks to get rid of the programing that went on for 50 years. I started at 265 pounds so I was hungry. So if your hungry in the begining “EAT”! Just make sure its some fat beacuse that will hold you over. Slice of salami, cheese, little nuts (little), BP coffee, and don’t forget my favorite some bacon. I promise it will gert better if you stay the course. I am now 217 pounds (6 months) eat once a day, and I am never hunger until my 48 hr fast is almost over when I do it.

(Jessica) #3

What food do you eat in a standard day? Are you paying attention to your electrolytes?

(Mike Glasbrener) #4

What @eggplantparm said! The beginning is tough. Your body is learning to burn fat for fuel. It will only do this in the absence of carbs. If you were used to eating large amounts of carbs, even worse if simple carbs, it may take a while to adapt to burning fat. Stay the course and don’t eat carbs. It’ll only take longer to convert otherwise. If not BP coffee coffee with a dash of HWC (heavy whipping cream) should be fine. Avocados, anchovies, sardines, mussels, beef/suasage sticks (not jerky it’s usually cured with sugar) and small amounts of high fat low carb nuts (almond, macadamia…).

Feel free to toss up foods here and people can help. However, it sounds like a normal induction phase. I’d expect the lethargy to start getting better soon.

Keto on!

(Hideharu Igaki) #5

Unfortunately, I cannot eat during work. What shall I eat to last 4 hours?

(Hideharu Igaki) #6

I only eat what my wife give me. No carb at all. Pork belly, that is my favorite since when I was kid, a lot of eggs, bacon, my wife only cook from ketogenic recipe only. I drink BP coffee everyday, I get hungry in 15 minutes after I drink.

(Kristin Rogers) #7

Sometimes I find that caffeine in coffee stimulates my appetite - the sort of anxious feeling from too much coffee feels like hunger. So maybe do decaf or half decaf BPC.
I would also make sure you are getting enough salt and water. That helps me a lot when I am having hunger issues.

(Hideharu Igaki) #8

My wife told me I have to take 11/2 tablespoon of salt. Mane I I should increase to 2 tablespoon. I drink a lot of water. Because I’m just thirsty all the time. I just had almost pound of bacon and 2 duck eggs 30 minutes ago. I’m already hungry.

(Heidi ) #9

You may want to consider consulting a doctor for this first bit. The excessive thirst can be related to diabetes and high blood sugar. If you’re not eating foods that would raise your blood sugar, than there may be something about what’s happening for you metabolically that is not working the way it should.
Electrolytes may be out too. I would really recommend a trip to the Dr. and getting blood work done.
If there is something going on for you that isn’t just the normal symptoms of adjustment, you want to know that. It would be a shame to end up aborting this path which will ultimately be so great for you.
Be well
H

(Hideharu Igaki) #10

My wife is diabetes. I don’t have diabetes. So she starte ketogenic. I started because I wanted to support her. Maybe this diet is not for me. I know every diet is not for everybody. Some work for someone, some work for others.
I will keep doing little more but it is frustrating from very hungry, no energy, and very thirsty.

(Shawn) #11

When I first started keto I had the same issue plus was constipated a lot from the change in diet.

I used psyllium husk to help the constipation and low and behold it really helped with hunger as well. I now make a green smoothie with the psyllium husk (about 1-2 tbsp), about a cup of spinach and a cup of romaine lettuce with either coconut oil or almond butter plus a shot of cayenne pepper in the morning and find it keeps me full until around 9am (I typically leave for work around 4:30am).

(matt ) #12

2T of salt is a ton. Why are you doing that? That alone will make you thirsty.

(Jan) #13

That’s actually 1.5 tsp of salt, not Tbsp! (This is his wife…) And he measures it out, but is not actually eating it all each day.

(matt ) #14

Thanks for clarifying. That had me confused.

(Hideharu Igaki) #15

Thank you. I will try.