Help with my breasts

(karen) #1

:wink: Made ya look!

The problem du jour: bought a huge bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts (not for myself) a few weeks ago. They are currently sitting in my freezer being boring, dry, fatless, tasteless and space consuming. What are your best recipes for turning white meat into keto awesomeness?

(KetoQ) #2

Be right over :slight_smile:

(Edith) #3

Marinade them and then use a fatty sauce.

(Kate ) #4

Crack Chicken was what we did with ours! I’m not particularly sure of all of the measurements, but, cook with hot sauce and a ranch dressing packet (3 carbs) with the chicken in a crock pot. Shred it and add a block of cream cheese (and more hot sauce if you’d like). Delicious and easy- I am a begrudging cook. I don’t like it, but have to on keto. :slight_smile:

(Duncan Kerridge) #5

At last a cry for help… oh :confused:

I make this quite often, minus the olives and with a ton of grated cheese on top.

(Aimee Moisa) #6

Try this!

I make a super easy Thai style curry soup, I improvise but here’s the basics:

• whatever meat I want to add, usually cubed beef, chicken, or shrimp, sauteed until cooked fully in a generous amount of coconut oil
  • one of those small jars of Thai Kitchen red curry paste
  • two cans coconut milk
  • whatever veggies (usually spinach, mushrooms, shredded cabbage and or eggplant cubes)
  • salt to taste

And that’s really it. I’m sure it’s inauthentic but it’s pretty tasty and simple.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #8

I really like cooking chicken in a olive oil (to help keep it from sticking to the pan, mostly). Then once the chicken is mostly cooked through I add a bunch of heavy cream mixed with pesto. It makes for a very yummy sauce. Then I like to add some shredded Parmesan cheese (I really like cheese)! Then I like to add a few chopped up mini tomatoes (Cherry/cherub/grape, or the small medley of mixed tomatoes).

(Dawn McVey) #9

I make a slash in them, stuff with blue cheese and wrap in bacon or pancetta, bake in the oven with olive oil drizzled over.

(DeAnna) #10

My fave is bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with cheese, cream cheese, giardiniera!

(Lee Jones) #11

Chicken kebabs?

Keto fried chicken…with a side of Halloumi fries?

Homemade double downs? :tongue:

(Aimee Moisa) #12

Ooh! Halloumi fries? WOW.

I love the Maesri panang curry paste! They have it really cheap at my local asian grocery.

Ooh I’ll have to look for that! I love panang curry!

(Lee Jones) #15

Just google Keto Halloumi fries for the recipe.

(Diane) #16

This is one of my favorite Keto dishes. I don’t add the extra salt (I use salted butter), or it ends up way too salty for me.

I also use the artichoke & jalapeño dip at Costco on chicken breasts. Take a raw, thawed breast, slather the dip on top and bake at 350 degrees until the breast is cooked through (time varies depending on the size of your breasts).

(Doug) #17

https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/low-carb-broccoli-bacon-smothered-chicken-437161/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Diabetes%20Daily&utm_content=Low-Carb%20Broccoli%20Bacon%20Smothered%20Chicken

“Low-Carb Broccoli Bacon Smothered Chicken” - my wife and I loved this.

(Diane) #18

This is also really yummy. You don’t need to cook it in an instant pot. I also use coconut cream instead of coconut milk to up the fat. I sometimes melt in a few ounces of softened cream cheese to thicken it a bit more.

Edited to add: I’ve used this exact recipe subbing out the red curry for green and yellow, all turn out very good. I usually use whatever low carb veggies I have in the fridge. I always try to add the red peppers though.

(Willie) #19

If you like Indian food, you cannot go wrong with a butter chicken… i always add more butter than the recipe calls for because delicious.

(Diane) #20

Ok. So I’m gonna add in a real Keto Complaint here. There are way too many wonderful ideas for new recipes to try when I’m barely hungry enough to eat one meal a day this week (its been really hot here)!