Help creating an OMAD meal to match calories and macros

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #1

I am hoping some OMAD’ers can help me out here…

Now that I am fat adapted I wish to start extended fasting.
I have figured out I can fast 18 hours comfortably, and am most hungry at lunch time after the fast, so that is when I am going to put my OMAD meal. I have been forcing myself to finish my dinner lately so having it at lunch time makes sense.

I’m 31, 5’4/165cm, 74kg, 1600 calories a day
Carbs 20g or less
Fat 140g
Protein 65g

Does anyone try and meet their entire calorie allowance and macros in that meal?
I want to create a few meals which I can cycle through.
Things like roast lamb, boiled eggs, cans of fish, cheese. It can be snack type as the food doesn’t need to ‘match’ but perfectly suit my macros.

Can you please share some of your OMAD ideas?
Or does anyone have any advice regarding just starting out?

I tried to get OMAD ideas from the Reddit Omad group but half of those people eat carbs so that wasn’t overly informative lol.

(Chris) #2

Eat 20oz of ribeye. All of it. Melt some butter on it if you need more fat

(Janet) #3

I have this same question!
Have you found an answer?
I have just started looking, but I cant find any posts about this online so far. Well, I found yours…
“Eat till your full” is the only advice I can find. But eating 70g Protein and fitting in some vegetables for fiber and nutrients…I am stuffed and dont feel well. Plus its easier for me to eat in the evening and going to bed with that much food in my tummy makes me not feel well and not sleep well.
I am starting to think I will just stop trying and either switch to a 36 hour fast schedule with a full eat day or give up and eat 600 calories and pay the price with my metabolism and just not hit macros.

I would love to see a OMAD keto product at different calorie levels in stores. Would be very convenient.

(Janet) #5

I am with you there grinch!
At this point I would just like a nutrition cube with a glass of water and a fat bomb.

(Joshua Hanson) #6

I have been doing OMAD for a month i think! i have yet to eat all my macros, its hard to fit all your calories in one sitting. my best advice is eat what you can, or change what you eat. chooses foods/meals with higher Marcos. I have a protein shake with every meal to get me closer. Other than that i got nothing if you have any tips please let me know

(suzanne newlin) #8

I too have this question too, and can’t find a good answer so I’m trying to put together my own 1600 calorie OMAD meals that fit my macros with the my fitness pal app. My keto macros for the app is as follows: 80% fat/142 grm, 15% protein/ 60gm, 5% carb/ 20gm = 1598 calories. I’ll post some as I come up with them for anyone interested.

(Laurie) #9

I don’t have an answer to this question. I can no longer eat that much at one sitting. I have two meals, 3 or 4 hours apart, which makes for 20/4 intermittent fasting.

I can’t eat red meat unless it’s been ground up or slow cooked, which means I can’t eat most steaks, roasts, or chops. And I don’t really cook any more; I use the microwave, and the slow cooker rarely. What I eat now is mostly the following. (I’m including a few things that I haven’t had in a while but hope to have again, when I can get to a decent store!)

ground beef
ground pork
beef patties
pulled pork (slow cooker)
salmon patties
Italian sausage
chicken legs from hot food section of supermarket
cheese
canned fish with mayo
microwaved scrambled eggs with salmon
microwaved scrambled eggs with salsa
pork rinds, with or without sour cream dip (or guacamole)