Hello, Introduction

(Glenda) #1

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself (hopefully I am doing this in the right spot). I am Glenda, 37 years old, and have been eating Keto since the end of July when I was told my a1c was 5.7 and my doctor told me I should focus on low carb. Prior to that dr visit I had lost about 10 pounds from Jan- July through monitoring calories. Since switching to the Keto way of eating I have lost another 25 in the last 11 weeks. I am very happy with both the weight loss and how it has helped change my view of food. My next blood test is Oct 29 and I am looking forward to the results.
Around the same time I started Keto I started listening to the 2 Keto dudes podcast. I am currently up to April 2017 (listening in order) and although I don’t always listen when I am in the car with the kids I do on occasion and my boys have both stated saying “nice” to things in Richards accent all the time! I have a daughter and two boys. The kids and my husband are non-Keto, although my husband is very supportive and is trying to make an effort to cut his carbs. I look forward to getting to interact with everyone on the forums.

(Carpe salata!) #2

Nice!

Much the same as me Glenda. Fasting glucose was getting up to 6.5 and after keto 4.7. :innocent: Dodged the ‘diabetic’ bullet just in time.

Lost 70-80lbs with maybe 15 more to go.

I’m even looking into tracking now to thread that needle.

(Christy Moreno) #3

Welcome! I’m new(ish) areound here! Looking forward to chatting.

(Running from stupidity) #4

You are EXTRAORDINARILY fortunate.

(Amy Ramadan) #5

Welcome to the group!! I am sure you will find it to be a great resource for support and information. Sounds like you are off to a great start!! I myself have been going through some pretty tough things personally and have fallen off the rails you could say, hoping to get back on track this week!! Looking forward to getting to know you better and to keeping up with your journey!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

Welcome to the forums!

(Glenda) #7

I know, believe me! I was the one that was hesitant about cutting out a food group and sustaining it but she was so right. I am looking forward to talking more about it when I go back at the end of the month.