Hello, I'm New Here

newbies

(Andy Hanson) #1

Just found the 2 Keto Guys podcast, and it’s fantastic.

I’ve been doing the Keto “diet” for about six weeks now. I don’t think of it as a diet, but rather a long term lifestyle. It’s the only “diet” I’ve ever enjoyed and thought, “Yeah, I could eat like this for the rest of my life.”

I don’t know if I’ve lost any weight. I haven’t stepped on a scale yet. What I do know is that I feel 100% better. I’d been suffering with back pain for months and just thought “I’m a middle aged guy. Middle aged guys get back pain.” It’s gone now. So is the joint pain I was dealing with.

I’m off of one of my two high blood pressure medicines.
I’m off an anti-anxiety/sleep med I was taking.
I want to get off my anti-depressant because I feel FANTASTIC. However, the medicine I’m taking has severe withdrawal symptoms. When I tried not taking it for a couple days, I ended up crying while watching “The Fast and Furious 7” - and not because it’s a bad movie! So, that will wait. My doctors wants me to take one step at a time.

I’m 43 and I haven’t felt this good since I was in my 20’s. Looking forward to getting to know you all and hearing how your lives have improved.

Welcome @Andy_Hanson and nice to hear that you’re seeing good results!

(Jules Swart) #3

Welcome!

Yay. Sounds great.

(Larry Lustig) #5

This was the first thing I noticed about Keto. Wasn’t expecting it, either.

Hello! You think you feel good now? Wait another few months - Keto is fantastic!!

(Marshelle) #7

Welcome!! I too am enjoying keto! Glad to hear of your health victories! KCKO! (Keep calm and keto on)! Glory to GOD!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #8

Welcome and I’m happy you know that your body should not hurt just because you’re in your 40s :blush:

(Keto in Katy) #9

Congrats on your amazing results!

[quote=“Andy_Hanson, post:1, topic:7926”]
I’m 43 and I haven’t felt this good since I was in my 20’s.[/quote]

Same here. I am 54, been keto for 3.5 years and I don’t recall feeling so good in a very long time.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

I ditto @stacy.
I’m 53, ketogenic three years, and I feel like I did at 16 on the high school swim team.

Crazy thing is? I’m STILL experiencing continuing improvement with my health! It’s February in Minnesota and yesterday I was zipping my dualsport all over town like a woman possessed.

Oh. And I no longer have diabetes, depression, hypertension, and dropped 80 pounds too. Lol.
I’m sure you’ll hear about me on the podcasts :wink:

(Michelle) #11

@Andy_Hanson Welcome!! Yes, Keto is great, and it’s a lifestyle (WOE - way of eating) that can be done for a long long time. Sounds like you have made some excellent progress.

This forum is invaluable in helping us newbies. And the recipes section is great!!

(eat more) #12

my hero!
i’m a whimp with cold and i’m too short for any dualsport…will keto fix that? :wink:

hi @Andy_Hanson :hugging:

(Andy Hanson) #13

That’s so inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

If you love bikes just get one. Any bike. A sport bike is great for height challenged. I’m a big girl and lift weights. My bike is top heavy and weighs in at 500+ pounds. A sport bike would be easier for you to manage. Get a Kawasaki. They’re made better. Lol

(eat more) #15

i have a honda cbr 600rr …started with a kawi ninja 250 that i rode the snot out of before getting the RR :wink:

i’m a little girl…5’2" and lift heavy :smiley:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #16

I love you.

Moto bonded

(eat more) #17

:heart_eyes:

(Keto in Katy) #18

I used to race motocross as a kid, LOVED riding dirt bikes. I still try to keep up with the motocross and supercross races on YouTube.

You should try the Texas MX tracks in the summer with all your gear on. Yikes, it is so hot.

Here’s my sons on their bikes, they are ages 7 and 5 in these pics. Little moto-monsters!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

So did I. You are awesome @stacy.

I started at age 9. I didn’t ride for several years while raising my kids. It didn’t occur to me to ride dirt bikes as an adult.

Now? I’ll be riding as long as I am able to swing my leg over.
:wink:

(eat more) #20

i blame my mom…she rode trails when she was pregnant with me…the only time she ever did ride lol