Hello from Norwegian happy fat-man

conversationstarters
fasting

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #21

Welcome to the forum. Happy you are enjoying the podcasts too. Here’s a great article that explains the keto urine strips a bit better. If you can, buy a blood ketone meter or a Ketonix. Both very accurate!

https://www.google.com/amp/ketopia.com/why-you-need-to-stop-worrying-about-the-color-of-your-ketostix/amp/

(Karen) #22

Wonderful, concise article! Thanks for sharing

K

(Hallgeir Olsen) #23

Thank you! Will check out the article and the other gadgets that you mention

(Hallgeir Olsen) #24

I don’t know what has happened, but after I complained about my keto sticks here, they’ve switched colour and are now deep purple every day!

I know, I still shouldn’t trust them, but it’s great to see the ketosis in action even if it’s unreliable.

I weighed in and took some measurements today:
Lost 1.8kg/3.96lbs last week, Total 13.4kg/29.54lbs off since nov. 27 (2017)
lost 15 more cm/5.90 inches, Total 73cm/28.74inches off since nov. 27

So I’m still a happy fat man!

(Renee) #25

Welcome and good luck and thanks for introducing yourself!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #26

Definately indicates ketosis, color may only be indicating dehydration.
No color? You could still be in ketosis, merely using all your ketones with no spill over.
Read that article above.

(Hallgeir Olsen) #27

Thanks, I’ve read it now. Great tip

(Rosemary Easter) #28

Hallo Hallgeir!
What an incredible story. Are you still in pain from your back problem? I am sure you will do well on this keto diet as I have personally found it very easy. Best wishes, Rosemary,

(Hallgeir Olsen) #29

No back pain, or rather, much less pain. I think the weight loss matters more than the decrease in inflammation, but I’m not sure…

I’ve added long (long for me) hikes to my routine now, I believe that helps as well.

Most days are easy, but some are very hard. Thankfully the easy periods gets longer and longer,

:slight_smile:

(Rosemary Easter) #30

Glad you not in so much pain. Good luck with your journey!

Ah, yes. I broke my ankle 9 weeks ago while on holiday in Estonia (I live in Brisbane, Australia) and am still trying to work out how I am going to get back on track. It seems I have lost all motivation. Each week I think I’ll start keto again, but just don’t. :thinking:maybe next week …

(Hallgeir Olsen) #32

Oh I recognize those thoughts and I know it’s hard, but the sooner you focus on the keto-life the better. I’ve been there, and I waited too long to get started again.

…but you have to feel the motivation, without the will to do it it’s terribly difficult.

Get well soon!

Kind regards from Norway

(Bobby Keeland) #33

Cherbear,
My wife has degenerative spine disorder. Two surgeries in her low back and three cervical fusions. She can no longer look up by bending her neck. Horrible pain in her neck and shoulders suggest another disk may be going out. We started the Keto diet on January 1, 2018. How long were you on the Keto diet before the pain started to ease?
TADI

(Hallgeir Olsen) #34

I’m sorry to hear about your wife’s illness and wish for her to get well. It took about a month before my pains started receding, they’re not completely gone and some days are pretty bad, but most are really great!

As I wrote, I’m not sure if the reduction of pain are due to reduction in weight or the keto woe in itself.

(Bobby Keeland) #35

Hallgeir_Olsen, Thank you for your reply. She has had the problem for over 30 years. Daily dose of hydrocodone helps, we are hoping to get off the medicines. We have mostly switched from medicines to herbs with great success. For the pain I expect that marijuana would help, but where we live it is still illegal. Perhaps the Keto diet will help.
I am new to the Keto diet and this forum. at does “woe” stand for?

(Hallgeir Olsen) #36

woe=way of eating :slight_smile:

(Bobby Keeland) #37

woe, OK, interesting. Thanks

(Kelli Evans) #38

Great job!

(Jeff Hovel) #39

Keep up the good work. I am exited for you.

(Hallgeir Olsen) #40

Thank you!