Heartburn and keto, please help

Hi everyone! The first thing I would like to say is that I’m not a native English speaker and I’m not familiar with your technical terms for diseases, so I apologise in advance.
I started keto in July and everything was great for about 3 months when I got terrible terrible diarrhoea. I stopped keto after two days of trying to eat keto friendly because my problems got only worse and i ate rice and crackers for a few days and i got better. I tried to no on keto again, diarrhoea again, rice and crackers, got better, keto again.
With all that came heartburn( pain in upper stomach, no accid reflux just burps here and there). I had pain in my stomach a few times in September but nothing like this. Now I’m on keto again for two weeks and every few days I get horrible pain in my upper stomach. A few days ago it was after eating salad, yesterday after eating salmon and avocado. I’m not sure what to do and how to stay on keto when everything I eat makes my stomach hurt and I can’t go about my day because the pain is so severe.

I haven’t been to a doctor because I thought it was a normal stomach bug, I’m going in a few days. The thing is that there is not much to expect from my doctor because she is very much against keto and she will just say that it’s from that. Also, never had any problems with ibs, stomach or anything of that sort.
Thank you all for helping me it means the world

Im 23, started keto because of PCOS. Not overweight

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2

Do you have a history of gall bladder issues (where the bile that helps digest fat comes from).

No, i never had any problems with anything connected with digestive organs

(Allie) #4

Some people need to gradually increase their fat intake rather than suddenly increasing to keto recommended amounts, especially when they’ve been focused on low fat previously. Could it be that you’re one of them?

(Joanna Parszyk ) #5

In this episode there was something mentioned about person with acid reflux (but caused by years of bulimia). What helped was ACV.

Any cures for heartburn in longer-term fasting?

Maybe. First two months of keto were ok so I’m not sure if that’s the case

@Chipmunk thank you I will try it :blush: