Heart Rate Problem After Cardio, Time To Quit Keto?

(Mehmet Uyaroviç) #1

Hello,

I am always a stubborn guy, it was my 3 week as keto, I believed that my power came back and I could do exercises, on Saturday I walk for 11 KM, on Sunday I feel better I walk/run 13 KM. Total 24KM in 2 days.

Yeah on Monday I was very tired and at the end I couldn’t even walk before I went to ER, my pulse was 146 when I was running for 15km speed per hour my pulse was maybe 120.

I drunk a lot of water at the weekend, I drunk many sodas, water, and pink salt, some sugar-free red bulls. Nothing was enough for my water lost and electrolytes .

So maybe I should quit this lovely diet because I am the guy who was planning for 21km run next week so keto is maybe not for me.

Today I ate some bananas, I totally try to break keto but I really hate carbs, I hope soon I could walk without heartbeat, so maybe being stubborn is not a good thing.

(Allie) #2

The more you drink, the more you flush out electrolytes and this sounds like an electrolyte issue. Even adding in salt as you’ve said, taking in all the fluids you’ve mentioned will have just flushed out more.

(Adriana) #3

Sodas and red bull have caffeine and can raise your heartbeat even more; I suggest to rest a bit and drink KetoAide homemade or water instead of soda and red bull before deciding to stop keto.

(Mehmet Uyaroviç) #4

Thanks I will definitely do KetoAide, you are right I never think about like that maybe I drunk 6 litres water a day.

Learning mistakes will encourage me , but what is your opinion can I do long cardios with keto? I really like to walk and run…

(Adriana) #5

I’m just on week seven of keto and I don’t know about working out or running, but I walk 7-8 km per day, sometimes more (on Sunday I walked 12 km), with no problem. You just have to keep an eye on your water intake and electrolytes and you’ll be fine.

Exercise and keto is not an issue.
Drinking sodas, red bulls and eating bananas is an issue with keto, though.

Keep in mind the more strenuous the exercise the more cortisol you’ll have in your system.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/cortisol-stress-af-meditation-cardiorespiratory-synchronization-restful-alertness/40266

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #7

You are in the adaption phase
You won’t have energy for a few weeks and it will be difficult to over come
Most people stop exercising until they are adapted as their energy returns
You are not giving it a long enough chance to work.

(Consensus is Politics) #8

How’s this for long term hard core exercise on keto.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/05/02/couple-rowing-to-hawaii-to-promote-nutrition/8483795/

Not only did they succeed, they broke the worlds record by quite a large margin.

(Allie) #9

There are endurance runners who are keto, just give yourself time to get adapted and learn to get your electrolytes right.

(Mehmet Uyaroviç) #10

I went to doctor and they decided for 24 hours EKG. Now sleeping heart rate is 50, when I sprint it’s 165 .

Everything looks fine just my body acts like sportsman I guess. At the weekend I run for 10 km and cycled for 13km so I am still alive.

Also my blood results were amazing bad cholesterol lowest, good cholesterol highest. Perfect for healthy heart .

I believe it was Steve Phinney himself who advised them on their diet.