Headache advice needed

(Rick) #1

I am well fat adapted and IF 24 hrs every 2 days or so. I’ve been doing some EF, 3 times so far. The problem is when I get into an extended fast and a monster headache builds in - I try to keep up a steady salt and water intake (a heavy pinch of pink salt dissolved on the tongue every hour or so). I cannot seem to get the headache to back down at all, let alone go away.

I want to make EF a regular part of my routine, but if I can’t get a handle on these headaches I may have to limit myself to IF. Am I not taking in enough salt? If so, taking more may be tough as it starts to make me a little queasy after a while. And if I need more salt, are salt tablets the answer? Help please, I am getting a bit confused here. Thanks in advance!!

(Sheri Knauer) #2

Here is a thread you can read through and perhaps will shed some light or help you out. Bad Headache

(Donna ) #3

Try adding potassium. I use it in addition to my pink salt on EF’s.
NoSalt is 100% potassium. I sprinkle it and some pink salt into my green tea and drink several times a day.

(Karen Fricke) #4

I read somewhere to put the salt UNDER your tongue. I’ve been doing that and can handle much more salt without nausea. Might be that it absorbs through the mucous membrane under your tongue and bypasses you stomach.

(Rick) #5

Thanks for your responses! I will go under the tongue with the salt; I also bought a salt supplement for daily use. I very well may have been chronically low in salt consumption, and the fasting really brought that out. That was a really bad headache…

(Tovan Nhsh) #6

I know this has been awhile, but did the issue ever resolve?

(Rick) #7

It is mostly resolved, upping salt intake to 5g/day made a big difference - sometimes though additional help with headache meds is needed.