Hayfever/Allergies/Histamine

(Miss E) #1

I know long term that people have said keto seems to improve their allergies, mine seem to be a little worse. I’m hoping it’s a case of “gets worse before it gets better”?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #2

I have the same experience as you. But I’m inclined to believe that since I didn’t develop seasonal allergies till later in life that it may take some time to help it. Also, living in northeast Oklahoma is like living in a hay field surrounded by a bunch of blooming trees. Ugh!

(Miss E) #3

mmm I didn’t get seasonal allergies until about 26

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

I started developing allergies to anything airborne in my late thirties, and was diagnosed with asthma at 44. Since then, my reactions have improved and worsened, depending on what the pollen count is doing. Of course, in recent years the pollen count in my area has been so high that even people who don’t have allergies were reacting. . . . But when my mother started dealing with her allergies in the 1970’s, 450 was a really bad pollen count. Now 4500 is practically normal, oy!

Almost forgot—the point of all this is that since I went keto, I have hardly needed my asthma inhalers, doing just fine on Claritin and Sudafed prophylactically just before bedtime (can’t get to sleep if I can’t breathe!).