Hashbrowns with radishes instead of cauliflower

(Vladaar Malane) #1

Anyone try this or a version of this? Sounds yummy I like radishes.

https://lowcarbyum.com/wprm_print/21933

Then mix in some cream cheese and bacon pieces and sprinkle with some shredded cheese on top I imagine it would be crackle barrel esk in flavour?

(Bacon for the Win) #2

I did something similar with a rutabaga, which is just a large radish. I liked it and have made it more than once. Don’t think husband was all that crazy about it though.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

I think of it as being more a large turnip, because it is blander, and not spicy like a radish.

My ex, who was British called them “Swedes,” for some reason. But he certainly knew how to make them tasty!

I’ll bet there are other root vegetables that would serve equally well. How keto the result would be is another matter, however.

(Bob M) #4

They supposedly make fries that aren’t bad. I’ve been wanting to try them, but haven’t had the time.

(FRANK) #5

I’ve made corned beef hash using diced daikon radishes for potatoes. Not bad at all.

(Bob M) #6

Hmm…that could be good. I haven’t had corned beef hash in…years. One time on vacation a few years ago, I think. Though I don’t eat breakfast anymore, I could make some eggs and corned beef hash for dinner.

Thanks for the idea.

(Virginia ) #7

Thanks for sharing. I will give this a try, since my husband @Digital_Dave and our son likes them. I usually slice them up and fry them in butter and seasoning, use as a replacement for potatoes when making a roast or making scallop potatoes.