Has keto changed your fashion sense?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #101

I always say, “I wish I was as fat as the first time I called myself fat”. I was a size 6. Stupid girl.

(Jules) #102

Me too. Finding things in my own wardrobe that fit is better than shopping!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #103

I wouldn’t have been caught dead wearing shorts before. Yesterday, I got 3 pairs!

Random side note - I feel like I’m in that weird in-between sizes place right now. 12 is big at the waist but comfy at the leg, and 10 fits at the waist but is a little too snug at the leg :expressionless:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #104

Well, I hate to tell you but that might be an issue going forward now that your shape is emerging. I have a friend who is always very thin and she has the same problem. She just sews the waistbands in a bit very unprofessionally but not obviously. “There is the right way, and there is the Cheryl way.” The Cheryl way works for me!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #105

To make a waist band smaller (not if there is an elastic band inside): cut it, overlap the sides, sew back together. Repeat until they’re tight enough.

To make it bigger: cut it, spread the cut into a V, sew wide elastic into the V for a stretchy place in the waist band.

That’s my ugly but effective way.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #106

Finally decided to let go of 95% of my XL / size 16 clothes :v:t4:

(Jennibc) #107

It always feels so good to do that! It’s the “I know I am am never going back” sense of victory.

(Jill F.) #108

I am wearing long shirts with leggings now, I never would have done that before! My main issue is actually telling my brain that I am actually a size 4 now everytime I go shopping I automatically go to the size 14s!

(Mary) #109

@Ruina,

I think @juice will approve of your background. No messy unmade bed is :+1:

And that’s a great looking blouse!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #110

:rofl: Thanks!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #111

Today I wore a t-shirt that is a slim fit. Not tight (anymore) but body skimming. It looked lumpy over my pants so I thought I’d try the half tuck thing, but I think that looks better with a loose top. So tucked the whole dang thing in. And it looked good! What the hey? I also attribute this to blessedly higher waistlines being in. Not sure I’d be so confident with a full tuck in lower rise pants. But never in my life before have I prefered a tucked in top. Except 7th and 8th grade when I was all about suspenders with jeans with ripped knees. Can’t untuck with suspenders. #fasionista

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #112

This is huge! I know Becca recently wore a body suit with jeans and I was very proud of her also. Go Ruina!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #113

Go you! I’m sure you looked amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@PetaMarie - I’m gonna get you to wear a bodysuit next :grimacing: bodysuit and biker shorts :thinking::joy:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #114

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #115

Well I have a wedding next Saturday (18th) and it’s a pretty casual vibe. I typically hate shopping for dresses but this time it was really fun! Ended up going with a mustard yellow dress with pink and burgundy flowers, and teal leaves. Then got a blush and gold necklace to match the flowers, and a little teal colored purse to match the leaves. And some tan shoes. I didn’t take a pic of me wearing it cause I forgot, but I’ll be sure to take one next Saturday :grin:

Oh, AND I bought the dress in a size medium, and I’m not even buying spanx :grin:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #116

Love, love, love this!! Can’t wait to see a pic, very springy and nice length too!

Looks cute, bet you’ll be smokin in that :wink:

(MooBoom) #118

Seriously gorgeous outfit, you have a great eye for colour @beccs!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #119

:slight_smile::joy: no but seriously, thanks for the compliment @anon2571578 :hugs:

Thanks @MooBoom! I’m not gonna act like my 10 year old didn’t help me pick it out :joy:

Lol. I got some new clothes yesterday. Normally I wear plain tops, and would never have chosen this top myself, but my 8 year old son pulled it out so I figured why not, knowing that I could always take it back later if I decided it was too much. Well, it’s staying! I love it, and not just because it’s 3 sizes smaller!