Hardcore Keto - are you craving for sweets any more?

newbies
food

(Troy) #28

That’s the ultimate “ finger food fat bomb “
:smile:…or w almond butter as well.

U should Post a pic?

Enjoy

(Omar) #29

I maybe wrong as I am not sure yet about my observation.

I noticed my cravings for sweets go up strongly when I eat cooked vegitables.

I am not hardcore keto yet.

(Karen) #30

Depends on the vegetables. Some have natural sweetness brought out by roasting.

K

With the exception of the occasional cheat meal (which I know will sometimes trigger cravings for me for a couple of days), the only time I get cravings is during times of extreme stress (like today…sigh) or randomly during fasting (not often though). They are definitely mental cravings.

(Omar) #32

I eat cooked Okra and cooked corchorus

Both have very small amount of carbs per serving(3 grams )

Sweet tastes make me crave sweets.

I do,but its not very strong.What I noticed is that if I have pleasure keto food avaliable,then sweet craving is low but when I have to force feed myself with boring pleasure-less keto food,I start imagining eating sweet food but its not that bad.

Actualy I have more of generalized carb craving,think fries,hash browns,pizza,noodles,rice,and various salty cheesy bacony bakery things based on flour.

Strongest craving I have is for canteloupe and piel de sapo melon and also caramelized condenset milk.I also have strong urge for rhubard cake.My grandma have slavic recipe,that thing is so good,she puts some pudding/buttery/creamy thing into it,if I was starving I would kill people for that cake.

Worst crisis was when week ago I randomly stumbled upon banoffee pie.I was googling something and the auto - filling feature suggested word banoffee.It sounded like interesting word so I clicked it instead of what I originaly wanted and what I saw in google images I will never get out of my head.That thing did to me what the ring did to Frodo in LOTR trilogy lol

(EMILY) #35

Continuing the discussion from Hardcore Keto - are you craving for sweets any more?:

I love super dark chocolate; The darker the better. Coffee without sweetener sometimes helps me control my monsturous sweet tooth. If it gets really bad (ahem before during and after shark week) I have a piece of a 90% chocolate bar with or without a little peanut butter. I’ve also been making sugar free chocolate fudge jello pudding with HWC (my son calls this frosting). To thin it out a bit, pour in some half n half. I eat this with a little whipped cream and some strawberries macerated in a TBSP or swerve (there is no cooling effect). Finally the 666 chocolate brownies posted on this forum somewhere are a life saver. So yes, my sweet tooth is beyond control…

I think my sweet treats have stalled my weight loss so I’m doing without for a couple weeks.

Carbs - I don’t crave them at all. I can sit across from my husband while he eats an Italian sub with boardwalk fries and not be bothered at all. I eat the toppings off pizza and I’m happy.

Cookies, brownies, chocolate - I doubt I’ll ever get over that love affair.

Note: I’ve been Keto since Feb 2018

(Joanna Parszyk ) #36

Not really. Maybe just for the fruit or rather the juicy and crunchy texture an apple for example

Only dark chocolate with each full moon, so it must be natural.

(Brian) #38

Interestingly, I’ve noticed that of late, something like a serving of carrots or sweet potatoes can easily BE my sweets. I don’t get either often but now that I’m not eating so many of my keto desserts anymore, something like a few cooked carrots seem very sweet. Something intentionally sweet or a standard sugar filled dessert is way, way too sweet for me and even if I have a little taste, a little taste tends to be all I want.

Don’t get me wrong, I still like a treat once in a while. But the tastes really do change over time. It just took me a little longer than most, I think.

(Troy) #39

Yes
Especially, w Triggers like nuts of any kind and or almond butters
Cravings shoot up right away💥
So, I try to limit the the above :grimacing:

(Daisy) #40

I don’t know that I’m “hardcore” keto, but I will tell you I was hardcore sugar all my life. Like…MASSIVE addiction. It took me years of trying to cut it out before I finally succeeded in going cold turkey almost 2 years ago. This was way before keto. Through last year and into this year, I didn’t crave it at all. At one point last year, I started using honey and my cravings came flying back until I cut it out. Then when I started keto this year and realized I could eat sweeteners, it brought my cravings back for a bit until I got fat adapted. Now I decided to go a month without sweetener and am about 10 days in with no cravings at all. I really need to do no sweetener at all, though I have far less issues with erythritol. After my 30 day hiatus, I will allow myself to finish the fat bombs and keto cheesecake I have in the freezer.

(Gabe “No Dogma, Only Science Please!” ) #41

2.5 years low carb here. I live in NYC, and every time I visit home (Australia), I notice my cravings for carbfests and my desire to buy Cadbury and Cheezels to bring back to the US drops. Like, noticeable difference, even between my March visit and my September visit this year – years into LCHF.

I cheat occasionally, preferencing savory carbs over sugary carbs – I now often find that even if I’m cheating, I won’t feel like chocolate or whatever after I’ve had the Cheezels.

I still feel like sweet stuff after dinner quite often, but it’s not a sugar craving. To satiate it, I’ll have dark chocolate handy (Trader Joe’s 85% dark chocolate is the best value for money on the market imho) and I also make my own makeshift cocoa+sweetener or almond flour+sweetener concoctions. A couple of spoonfuls of cocoa and allulose, or some almond flour cookies made with stevia, usually do the trick.

To emphasize: it’s still surprising how much my taste has changed. The idea of regularly having the crap that most people eat every day physically repulses me. They were giving out free yoghurt on 42nd Street today near Grand Central: I picked one up, and saw “19g carbs, 0g fiber” and just thought to myself “why not just drink a Coke?” And yet people were grabbing them and lapping it up as if it was healthy for them. Insane.

(Paul Melzer) #42

Sweet tooth is pretty much gone (LCHF 14 months). I don’t dislike sweetness but have no craving. Because I strongly associate sugar and refined carbs with the rollercoaster of hunger I’ve escaped from, and a keto diet with a pot-of-gold mental clarity and physical health, I’ve no interest (no physical urge) go back. (BTW, I use the term keto not strictly.)

(Bunny) #43

I don’t think it is particularly bad to eat sugar, the problem comes from having too little control over consuming too much of it because it is in everything we buy.

Theoretically you could eat sugar and still get into ketosis[1] if that was all you were eating by itself with with enough micronutrients!

Something very peculiar about eating a particular carbohydrate in a singular partitioning sequence?

Will not be mixing M&M’s and pretzels in my puppy chow any time soon…lol

References:

1. Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds (CNN 2010): – Twinkies. Nutty bars. Powdered donuts. For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too. His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most – not the nutritional value of the food. The premise held up: On his “convenience store diet,” he shed 27 pounds in two months.
    For a class project, Haub limited himself to less than 1,800 calories a day. A man of Haub’s pre-dieting size usually consumes about 2,600 calories daily. So he followed a basic principle of weight loss: He consumed significantly fewer calories than he burned. His body mass index went from 28.8, considered overweight, to 24.9, which is normal. He now weighs 174 pounds. But you might expect other indicators of health would have suffered. Not so. Haub’s “bad” cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his “good” cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced the level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent. “That’s where the head scratching comes,” Haub said. "What does that mean? Does that mean I’m healthier? Or does it mean how we define health from a biology standpoint, that we’re missing something?" Despite his temporary success, Haub does not recommend replicating his snack-centric diet. “I’m not geared to say this is a good thing to do,” he said. “I’m stuck in the middle. I guess that’s the frustrating part. I can’t give a concrete answer. There’s not enough information to do that.” …More

I don’t know if I qualify as hardcore keto yet, but I’ve been doing this for a little over a month and I’m not really craving anything. it’s pretty crazy and it’s working. I mean it did suck not getting to try any of the pie at Thanksgiving but that just gave me an excuse to go play on my phone.

(Karen) #45

No craving for sweets here. I do miss crunchy though

I don’t really crave sweets, per se, but sometimes I miss being able to dig into a pint of Ben & Jerry’s, if that makes sense.

(Carl Keller) #47

I can look at a cookie all day long and it doesn’t bother me… smelling it bake is a lot more difficult. But I don’t crave them by memory or sight. I see people eating doughnuts and I don’t feel jealous. I feel sorry for them.