Guess What? Most Fruits & Veggies Are Man Made Hybrid Plants

science

(Carl Keller) #41

I recently read an article that suggested the reason why gluten allergies have risen in the past 15 years is the over use of antibiotics, which kills useful gut bacteria that aids in gluten digestion,… and another article that blamed not only antibiotics but also sugar, alcohol, environmental toxins and GMOs for damaging gut flora… and now they are using RoundUp on our food?

(Diana ) #42

I think the reason GMOs are considered to be “poisoning us” is that the modifications on …say GMO soybeans…allows the plants to be sprayed with round up and insecticides without harm to the plant. This is what goes after your gut bacteria. Being doused with bacteria killers, plant killers, tiny insect killers, well, you know what our gut flora is made of.
GMOs themselves are not necessarily poisonous, its just what the modifications allow to be done that can kill you.
A couple years ago there was a fierce argument on a forum I participate in, on whether wheat is sprayed with round up before harvest. The retired farmer said it was just propaganda from the crazy leftists. Some others swore it to be true, but didn’t say they had first hand knowledge. There is so much false information out there, you never know.

(Running from stupidity) #43

Much like a podcast I was listening to a couple of days ago where the interviewee loved organic “because they don’t use pesticides.”

#seriously

(Bunny) #44

Have you ever noticed that anything that is keto friendly that is bread like is made with seeds like nuts but not fully grown plants? e.g. a likeness to unleavened bread?

Is that not strange?

(Omar) #45

should we belive all products labeled “organic” ?

(Running from stupidity) #46

Well, given you shouldn’t believe (most) “keto” labelling, and keto is an actual thing not a fraud, I’d suggest not.

(Carl Keller) #47

Yes it is contrary to “normal” bread. Personally, I’ve not tried keto friendly breads so I don’t really have an opinion on them. I do wonder if the taste is as fulfilling as conventional bread. I do miss the idea of eating fresh baked breads but it’s more like wanting to repeat a happy memory than it is a craving.

The FDA give a lot of leeway to companies labeling their products. For example “Zero calories” means it has less than 5 calories or the FDA defines "healthy as being low in fat.

Literally, tons of things can be labled organic In the most basic of definitions because “organic” means, “relating to, or derived from living organisms". That doesn’t mean organic is good for you.

(Omar) #48

Yes

I read a report about glyphosate .

It was found the majority of processed farm products as organic contains glyphosate . such as the Canadian organic flaxseed. Only as example

(Bunny) #49

What is interesting if you dig deep enough about GMO’s in particular round-up weed killer (glyphosate) is actually a chelation agent: It artificially impedes the uptake of macro and micro nutrients in anything it comes into contact with (i.e. surface layer of plants or in the human body?) especially the renal glands in humans (sucks it up like a sponge once ingested and bioaccumulates {impersonating glycine} in the kidneys = renal failure). It likes to attach it-self to the chain of other normal functioning molecular chains confusing the biological systems from functioning normally unless it is specifically genetically modified (fish DNA) to resist it? I guess were next? The only way to get it out of your body once it is stabilized in your body as a fat solid is to get organic sulfur into it to break up the fat soluble bioaccumulates of glyphosate into water solubles!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #50

Wow I wonder how much I have accumulated over the years???
Do you have the source I would like to read up on this?

(Brian) #51

“Certified Organic” is supposed to come along with some restrictions on what chemicals can be used to grow it. But there are loopholes within the law that mean plain, ordinary, conventional produce will sometimes get passed off as “Certified Organic”. That bothers me. I don’t like it. But that’s reality.

There are times when “Certified Organic” is the best I can do and I’ll go with that. It’s an effort to do the best I can knowing that it may or may not be what I hope it to be. Some growers really do take the principles intended seriously, some not so much. A little poking around online can sometimes give some clues. And sometimes it’s just a shot in the dark.

I have some Amish friends that sell us eggs and some produce. They’re not Certified Organic but I know them well enough to know that they really do make an effort to grow without harsh chemicals and use a lot of the natural fertilizers (horse & cow shite, real compost, that kind of thing) to enhance their soil. I feel pretty good about buying stuff from them, usually better than I feel about the Certified Organic section of the local Kroger or Walmart stores.

At the risk of sounding all Biblical, let every person be convinced in their own mind. If you think just about anything conventional is just fine, you are entitled to your opinion. If you think Certified Organic is better, you are entitled to your opinion. If you decide you want to reserve the right to change your opinion or not change your opinion, you’re entitled to that, too.

:slight_smile:

(Omar) #52

The only organic product I trust is what I grow in my back yard.

In the process to make the price competitive, they will cheat.

(Bunny) #53

Did a post a while back on that here and here if you want to have a peek!

(Nimitta) #54

The process of changing fruits and veggies probalby began before our ancestors even knew what they were doing. Sesrching for calorie and nutrient dense foods instinctively led people to eat the larger and juicier ones. More of those seeds were dropped or pooped out, and thus were more likely to propogate. Eventually we got more systematic about it, and eventually scientific. But the process began long before, simply by choosing the more appealing picks.

(Brian) #55

Selective breeding has been going on since the beginning of man. It’s been happening with fruit, vegetables, and animals… still is. (I’m not sure the extent selective breeding has been done in humans but I believe there has been some.) Some things change more easily than others. Some take longer than others.

(Chris) #56

See Germany, circa 1940s…

(Doug) #57

Well, they sure seem to mostly be getting bigger. :stuck_out_tongue: