Guess What? Most Fruits & Veggies Are Man Made Hybrid Plants

science

(Bunny) #1

There is no way in hell our ancient ancestors were gobbling down veggies you see in the grocery stores today; the originals did not even taste good or were even edible except maybe berries?

WHY SEEDLESS FRUIT & HYBRID VEGGIES CAUSES DIABETES, CANCER ETC. AND TURNS PEOPLE INTO SUGAR (GLUCOSE) ZOMBIES? (other than shamanic medicinal purposes?)

I didn’t even know this, I am just stunned? Currently freaking out!

Look at this:

Examples:

1. 7 fruits and veggies that used to look a whole lot different than they do today
  1. 6 Man-Made Things You Totally Thought Were 'Natural’

What do we really know about ancestral diet?
(CharleyD) #2

Fruit is Man’s candy, now.

(Chris) #3

Thank you!

Yes, this is something I have been becoming more and more aware of.

Compare wild strawberries

https://druidgarden.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/img_4118.jpg
To this monstrosity

It may be sweet and juicy and press our sweet-craving-buttons, but it ain’t real food, is it?

(Central Florida Bob ) #5

The bananas we buy in the store are called Cavendish bananas. They were bred to resist a killer fungus as it wiped out the kind of banana sold until the 1950s. There’s persistent talk that another fungus is on the verge of wiping out the Cavendish.

The fungus, something called a Fusarium wilt, has hit Asia and Africa and has now reached Australia’s banana-growing regions, Phoebe Sedgman reports for BloombergBusiness (H/T Mark Frauenfelder at Boing Boing ). The banana industry is worried, mostly because they have no other alternatives. This is a problem of the industry’s own making. And they had a similar issue before.

Bananas could conceivably disappear from markets, or at least get more expensive. I believe there’s going to be a new breed to replace the Cavendish, but it’s sure not guaranteed.

If you read Wheat Belly, you know today’s wheat crop doesn’t have much in common with wheat from even a hundred years ago. Very little in common with wheat being grown and sold in really ancient times. The “amber waves of grain” are gone: modern wheat doesn’t grow four or five feet tall - why waste the plant’s effort in a stem? - it’s a stubby, little club-shaped plant that’s bred (designed) to produce a lot of food crop.

Though the modern version of wheat has been around since the early 1960s, history shows that humans have been eating the original wild version going back 10,000 or 11,000 years. In fact, the Middle East (primarily southeast Turkey) can claim early dibs on this crop.

The ancestor of modern wheat was known as einkorn. The Natufians, who roamed much of the Middle East, made use of not only einkorn but also wild cereals and rye. The climate in the area allowed them to cultivate the seeds and plan for the long term.

Most people at that time were hunters and gatherers, but the Natufians used the wheat as a staple, and it helped them thrive and create the first settlements.

Spelt arrived on the scene around the fifth or sixth century BCE; because of its wild grass parents, it had a superior adaptability to its wheat predecessors.

Finally, the early wheat varieties concluded with triticum aestivum, also known as common bread wheat. Today’s wheat is in this form, even though triticum aestivum originally appeared about 1700 BCE.

I personally wonder if there’s anything in the food chain that hasn’t been bred to be very different from what was available even as recently as 2000 years ago.

edit

(Running from stupidity) #7

:smile:

(Brian) #8

Einkorn and spelt are still available. There has been a resurgence of them over the past few years with some of the problems some have with grains.

They’re still heavy in starch, I’m not sure you can get around that no matter what kind of wheat it happens to be.

If I recall correctly, autopsies of ancient Egyptian mummies suggests that they had diseases like diabetes and heart disease back then, too. And they also were pretty good at growing wheat.

Modernizing things didn’t help but I’m not certain that it was all rainbows and unicorns back then, either.

("Don't call it calories, call it food") #9

Randomly pulled out my Sally Fallon cookbook today to get a paté recipe and became captivated by her sidebars. Here’s one related to this topic (in that your point made me wonder what people did eat):

Yes. Back at university I remember being fascinated with some research (sorry, no ref, cose we are talking 30yrs ago) which showed that rich egyptians ate wheat. The poor ate barley. And scans of many mummies show serious calcification on the arteries = widespread atherosclerosis.

We even used my one and only breadmaker machine to see what 100% barley bread tasted like. Delicious. And i got an egyptian recipe book when I visited the British museum. Those honey cakes were divine.

(Bob M) #11

Einkorn also has gluten, though not as much and a different variety.

(Carl Keller) #12

It’s amazing and frightening how we can manipulate nature to better serve us.

(Running from stupidity) #13

+1

+1

(Bunny) #14

Currently re-evaluating my ideas about veggies!

Maybe this what is also causing all the problems with our health and nutrition (besides processed foods) and our bodies are trying to cope (even more sugar?) with all the variety of chemicals produced by these hybrid veggies which is also a “processed food?”

Now confused about what is considered “Whole Foods?”

It’s mess’n with our chromosomes/DNA?

(Bunny) #15

Now that is pretty in-depth and the kind of thing that I like to look at, looks like wheat and barley are the original slim shady and why I like to drink powdered wheat grass juice (baby wheat) to get the nutrients from the ground soil not for the fiber!

Bread (carbs) kills?

edit

(Bunny) #17

Yes, think I will continue to do that! …lol

Beg pardon.

(Bunny) #19

…eat animals!

(Bunny) #20

Weston Price really did a good job of documenting which is priceless; lots of fat always preserved in some type of marine oil, and kelp and seaweed is delicious almost like eating meat!