Grilled Cheese Sandwich w/ 90 seconds almond bread

(Thao Le) #1

I made this last night, added 3 slices of bacon to this recipes, when you fried this bread in butter, it turned out really good, no almond flavor, just good crunchy bread.
http://allinadaysworkblog.com/low-carb-keto-friendly-90-second-bread/

Good to know. I keep a bag of the prepared dry mix for this bread so all I have to add is butter and egg. But haven’t tried it fried and toasty yet, yum!

(Jo) #3

Thank you! thank you! thank you! for posting this. I made them with a twist as I don’t want to use a microwave and they were delicious!

Ingredients were the same, only I melted 1 T ghee and added that to the dough, then melted 1/2 T ghee in a small frying pan. When the butter was hot I put the dough into the pan, making somewhat of a circle. The dough is quite thick so it doesn’t flow like pancake batter. I fried it on one side until golden brown, then flipped it over to the other side. I put gruyere cheese on one half of the “bread” and cut it in the middle and put the other half over it. Let it brown at the underside and warm through thoroughly until all cheese is melted. It filled me up completely. I ate it with 1/2 cup of broccoli slaw.

I miss grilled cheeses, so should try this.

(Steve) #5

This was part of my OMAD today. The bread puffed up quite thick, so next time I’ll be spreading the batter out on a larger plate (so it’s thinner and I get to have a bigger sandwich). :slight_smile:

(Jo) #6

I made a variation of this for breakfast. I cut 2 pieces of bacon into small bits and fried them. Then I added them to the dough as well as about 1/2 oz of goat cheese before putting it in the pan. Out came a scrumptious cheese pancake/bread with surprise bits of salty crisp bacon. Very tasty! I didn’t top it with anything but I’d think that some no sugar syrup would have been great with this.