Great Value Sugar-Free Whipped Heavy Cream!

(the cheater) #1

OMG - so glad I found this. I love heavy cream - drinking it, in coffee, Reddi Whip, etc. This is wonderful; basically pure creamy fat with a slight twinge of sweetness (nothing like Reddi Whip’s sweetness) and no carbs!

I normally would have a couple Atkin’s “Endulge” treats to satiate my sweet tooth, but this did the trick even better!

Directions: Spray directly into mouth. Repeat. :smiley:

Where did you find it? They all have sugar where I live…

(Brian) #3

Heavy whipping cream plus a little vanilla plus a little stevia and/or erythritol - mix with a hand mixer for a couple of minutes - BAM! Whipped cream!

It’s really not hard. And you can adjust the sweetness or other flavors any way you like them, or not use them at all.

(Mike W.) #4

Pour 1 cup of HWC into nutribullet. Slap on blade lid. Run until blades spin freely. Repeat.

(Pete A) #5

I buy this, yum.

I doubt they found some way to remove the carbs from heavy cream. It’s just rounding down to zero carbs on the small “per serving” size. Typically, a cup of cream has about 7 net carbs, from lactose, a milk sugar.

Your carb intake will depend on how many times you “repeat”. :frowning:

(Brian) #7

Yes, very true.

A cup is quite a lot of cream, at least for me. When I make whipped cream for a dessert type thing, I use 1/4 cup, whip it along with small amounts of vanilla and stevia usually, and split that in half for me and my wife. So less than 1 carb each the way we do it.

The hard part for me is limiting the cream that goes in the coffee. I like about 1 part cream to about 5 parts coffee. I’ve been trying to cut back a little but that’s the way I really like it.

(Candy Lind) #8

It looks fairly innocuous except for the carrageenan. This article indicates carrageenan can cause inflammation (which leads to all sorts of trouble). I use cartoned whipping cream, which usually contains carrageenan as well (I can’t find any that I can afford that doesn’t); sucralose isn’t a problem for me, but could be for some. I would, however, count a couple of carbs per 1/4 cup liquid (1/2 cup whipped) if you are carb sensitive.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #9

Why do you need to add the extras?

(Debra Carter Allen) #10

I’m with you on the coffee cream…love it.

(Brian) #11

Same reason I add cream to my coffee, 'cause that’s how I like it.

If you like it plain, have it plain. If you like it with cinnamon, have it with cinnamon. If you like it with chocolate shavings, have it with chocolate shavings.

:slight_smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #12

Oh no I was just asking, is that common in your country?
We don’t get coffee creamers in Australia so I’m always interested in what people add to theirs.
I just use plain cream because that’s all I am used to.
Cinnamon - I cannot imagine :smiley:

(Brian) #13

No worries, Katie. :slight_smile:

Coffee creamers are about 1/4 of the refrigerated dairy section of my local Walmart. Pretty popular here. And its loaded with sugar and many flavors available. (They are delicious, and I’d love to taste that flavor. I can’t do that as there isn’t a single one there that’s keto friendly.)

Whipped topping is in a different section, usually in the freezer section near the frozen desserts. It’s something resembling whipped cream with lots of added sugar and usually an abundance of stuff I can’t pronounce in the ingredients list. It’s pretty popular, too. There is an aresol can version, too. It’s common to find it used with other desserts… a dollop on top of just about any kind of pie, or ice cream…

I use a lot less sweetener than I used to. But I still like a little.

:slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #14

Have you ever looked at an ingredient list on those creamers? A laundry list of yuck :nauseated_face:

(Brian) #15

Yes. Some are worse than others. The “better” ones still are usually loaded with sugar even if they don’t have quite the quantity of nasty chemicals. Baileys was my chemical-soup-coffee-creamer of choice before I went keto… (sigh)

(Mike W.) #16

I liked the Cinnamon International Delight. So much crap. Now I just stick with HWC lattes when I feel like a treat.