Got called a Keto Snob today

Yeah, it’s funny how mentioning that you like butter is kind of ok, liking bacon is ok, although they begin to swear you’re going to drop dead of a heart attack… but pass on all the sweets and swear off sugar and the sugar zombies just can’t process the idea.

I can’t wait to tell someone one of my favorite snacks is a slice of cheese topped with a slice of butter. :yum:

Keto On! Nutrition makes a great area of interest and study, I understand what you mean, if people ask- of course your going to tell them the truth. Awww… in this high carb world, it seems like everything bad is normal and anything good is met with confusion or distain. :frowning: Oh well, I will feel sorry for them eating the packaged foods :frowning: doesn’t sound fun.

Yeah… it’s sad. Thank God you got out Paul. I’m sure your life is orders of magnitude better and we definitely appreciate you and your insight around here.

Truth!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #105

Many thanks for the kind words, and I’m glad I got out, too. It’s funny, because I can’t really claim credit for it; there was just one drunken night when the denial cracked a bit and something/Someone was able to get through. That was my last drink, although I didn’t know it at the time. The word “miracle” is often overused, but the fact that I’ve been sober for over 25 years now may just qualify. It certainly wasn’t my doing, and I’m certainly grateful!

(Carolus Holman) #106

I used this approach, excessive insulin helps makes you fat! I just eat foods which don’t spike my insulin…

(Jacob Wagner) #107

I can’t wait to try that!

–Jacob

I stopped by GNC the other day, never really a good idea unless you need something specific or you’re just curious how many different ways protein powder can be marketed. Anyway, Mr Fitness there is going on with a customer about how wonderful The China Study is and how eating meat is really the cause of all of the modern health problems: we eat too much meat… I just shook my head, looked in vain for the thing I was there for and left without bursting his bubble. I used to think that way, too.

(VLC.MD) #109

yadda yadda.

Yeah, I did the vegan/vegetarian thing for a couple of years. Funny enough that’s when I started having problems and I was very fit.
I found out the hard way that fit and healthy are not the same thing.

(Sophie) #111

That’s powerful.

(Keto in Katy) #112

I did it for three months and felt like crap. Then I told my wife it is time for some ribeyes, so she made them and BOOM :boom: I felt good again.

(Sophie) #113

The Miracle of Meat! :+1:

It was powerful sitting in a doctors office for a minor hand injury and being told I needed to go on medication for the rest of my life and there was nothing I could do about it (basically what he said). I had been doing everything “right” and at the time I was a vegetarian. Very low fat, whole grain, lots of veggies, no dairy, ran all the time. I was pissed off. Still am because now I know just how much I was lied to.

(Brian) #115

We could probably share some pretty similar stories. It can be difficult when people that you care about, that you trust, and people with the noblest of intentions, tell you things that they believe with all of their heart, things that for you and me in the here and now are just wrong. Some of that, I’m still coming to grips with.

(Whitney ) #117

:open_mouth::roll_eyes: Well, why don’t you challenge them to a Weigh in?? Say…maybe 30 days from now…? Then you can relish in your results!!

(Bacon for the Win) #118

then when you win they’ll just say eating keto is not sustainable. so just go about your business!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #119

Of course keto is not sustainable; you can only do it for ninety years or so, and then it will kill you. :rofl:

Just do what I do when people don’t listen, shoot em with my fart gun and keto on.

(Mary) #121

I had a banking appointment this afternoon. When I met the young man, I realized he was half my age and twice my weight (if he and I were the same height). And I’m not exactly a fashion model… All I could think the whole time we were talking was “by the time you get to my age (if you get to my age), you’ll walking with a cane or in a wheelchair because you’ve started losing body parts”. It was heartbreaking. I didn’t say anything because I know how offended I would’ve been if someone had started talking to me about my diet before I was ready to hear the message.

Seeing that young man really upset me. I haven’t been able to get him out of my mind since.