Good Morning!

I think the confusion was that it took a while to understand you had been losing weight with other methods before starting in with keto

(Marianne) #22

Ohh, I like that quote! Thanks for passing it along.

(Fred Visser) #23

Welcome! My advice to you, being a long timer (4 years) would be never quit, go down the information rabbit hole and rely on others for support. The future is BRIGHT!

(Richard Hanson) #24

Good Morning KetoKatters,

Congratulations on having the amazing courage to give keto a try and this is a great place to arm yourself with knowledge. Many will assail your choice and knowledge is a shield against yielding to their pressure.

Pizza?

I went to a large meeting at work where pizza was provided. I was famished so I consumed some toppings and tossed the crust. A woman, who I don’t like, also came in, she looked at the pizza with obvious disgust, scrapped the toppings off the pizza into the trash and then ate the crust. That made me grin just thinking about how efficient we could have been if we actually liked each other. It also makes me think about how knowledge impacts a person’s dietary choices. She was probably avoiding fat.

I eat pizza in a skillet quite often. Mrs. Hanson has found a pizza sauce in a jar that has no added sugar, not an easy task, and I just put a dab of that in a non-stick 8" skillet and start adding toppings, keto toppings. Bake for about 20 at 425 (220) and then eat directly out of the pan.

Keto for Life,
Richard

(Paulene ) #25

I’m in Australia too. Work in Brisbane, live in Nth NSW. Been on keto for 10 weeks. Start 105kg. Don’t really have a goal but anything below 80kg fantastic.

(Natasha) #26

In her original post she said she started keto recently but began making other dietary changes 4 months ago.

(Marianne) #27

That sounds delicious!

Can you share the name of the pizza sauce?

(Jill F.) #28

Welcome @KetoKatters! So glad you are here! I admire your strength and bravery, I only had 50 to lose and it felt very overwhelming. So to lose 90 so quickly bravo!
Come here often, use the search feature to read on almost any topic. Check out the before and after, and make sure to take your own pics and measure as you go. Sometimes our success is defined OFF the scale not on. Dont get discouraged when you plateau and dont see progress. Your body is adjusting and learning how to properly fuel itself. Be patient and kind to yourself. Welcome!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #29

Hello, I’m a 31 year old Aussie too :grin:. I used to have anorexia (3 years ago) then when I recovered I pigged out on everything I could find. Like “ahhhhh food, finally”. But in those three years I slowly gained more and more weight and now I’m mortified and embarrassed. I don’t want to run into people because they won’t believe how much weight I’ve gained. I don’t know my weight as i banned the scale due to anorexia and getting obsessed but I know I must be very heavy. I’m only 5ft3 too so it sucks. I feel trapped in my body. 3 years ago I was 40kg!! I want to do things right this time but I have to watch my anorexic thinking constantly. For example, I ate three meals a day for two days and the last two days, cut out breakfast. So will make myself have breakfast tomorrow. Your story inspires me greatly. We can support each other. This forum is great. I’ve never been on one before. Keep up the amazing work :grin:

(Richard Hanson) #30

RAO’S Homemade Pizza Sauce:

Serving 1/4 cup: 40 calories 2g carbs (sugar from the tomatoes)

I only use 1 table spoon in the bottom of a fry pan.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #31

Hello, I’m a 31 year old Australian girl too. Your amazing. That’s a HUGE amount of weight. I too have a lot of weight to lose. I was always slim to normal but in the last 3 years gained a LOT. Probably from years of starving myself, my body then just ate everything in sight. Yes, pizza was my drug of choice too. I’m only on day 12 but I’m hoping I can achieve the goals I want. I’m only 5ft2 so extra weight on me is very noticeable. Yes, this forum is great. I accidentally came across it whilst trying to Google about Keto and I’m glad it did.:heart:

Hi!

I know it’s been a while, but I thank you all for your responses. <3 I am now down to 243lbs mixing in days of extended fasting (I only do 3-4 at a time with about 6-8 feed days in between) but still doing what I can. Going through that dreaded hair thinning phase I have read a lot go through, can’t wait for it all to grow back again. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Fatman Wow, that pizza sauce looks amazing - I actually found a protein pizza base with only 2.3 carbs now too that I am going to be working on and a pasta replacement with only 1.2g carbs (konjac it’s called - Woolworths has it by Splendier). Been getting a bit experimentative with trying to find replacement for all the things I loved!

@Bubby1 How are you going with your journey?

(eddiebearden) #33

helo i’m new here

welcome eddie and good luck with keto!