Gonna start my first (hopefully) week-long fast...(kinda long and rambly)

(Robin Lea Fritche) #42

I’m feeling fine. :slight_smile: Getting pressure to eat tomorrow but we’ll see. I’ve done a week, so that was the minimum I wanted to do, but I was thinking about going for two. It will be super easy to not eat tomorrow since I have a ton to do, and Tuesday is my last day of my seminar and I’m presenting, so I’ll be freaking out and working on my PowerPoint all day until class at 5. The prof is getting us pizza and wanted us to email her any dietary restrictions, so I emailed her and told her to please not worry when I don’t eat any. And then Wednesday, super busy again. So I feel like I could very easily go three more days, possibly even five. And then if I get that far, why not just go for the full two weeks?

It all depends on how I’m feeling, of course!!

Thanks for checking in. How are you?

(Kevin Takahashi) #43

Great to hear that you’re feeling great! :+1:

I’m doing well - fast broken as planned Friday evening (154 hours), with no issues (none expected, but still …) This week will be a feasting week (as in no IFs this week) … then back to my “usual” 2 x 24-36 hour fast per week.

Hope you’re not getting too stressed out by all the things, and keep on kicking butt! :smile:

(Robin Lea Fritche) #44

Hiya. I was doing super well and then I felt really sick late last night. I figured I’d go to bed and see how I felt in the morning, but I thought I’d end up needing to eat. But I’m okay today. Drinking a lot of water. Earlier today my students at my other job (where I teach ESL) brought in a ton of food and treats for my coworker’s birthday, and we had a part for about 45 minutes. They’re all Hispanic and the food smelled amazing. They kept trying to feed me. They even seemed weirded out that I wanted my water bottle instead of the soda they had there. I had to look up the word for “fasting” in Spanish.

Right now my university students are taking a test, after which they will leave and I may never see them again. Mixed feelings, but I’m excited for a break. I will have correcting and grading to do yet.

We spent about 40 min reviewing and then they had 2 hours left of the class period when they started the test. I estimate that someone will turn it in after only a half hour (my favorites will leave first), 45 minutes at the latest, and the last person might need an hour and a half. Either way, I will get out early and I really don’t have to teach anymore…until next semester. :wink:

I have a presentation to create for tomorrow night at 5, and then that is IT for my classes as a student. Grading is grueling, but no one is grading me on that. :wink:

So, Day 8 is a lock…

Oh, damn, 23 min in and THREE people just finished. DAMN!! I suppose I should say bye…

(Robin Lea Fritche) #45

Super tempted to have some steak…but it’s late… Dunno.

(Kevin Takahashi) #46

Yay Day 8!

The best thing about fasting (to paraphrase Dr. Jason Fung) is that you can always just eat something :slight_smile:

Go by how you feel, and what your why is for extended fasting, and you’ll figure out what’s right for you right now…

I’m working on a presentation myself (ha!) right now.

(Robin Lea Fritche) #47

I don’t even recall what I ate anymore but I’m sure I stopped because eight days has been my max so far. I just started another thread for my current fast. Aside from a quick 1-day, this is my first real fast of the year. I’m 4 days in and I know I’ll do a week as long as there are no issues. I’m shooting for two, though, at least…