Getting used to this but positive results overshadow negatives

(Nancy) #1

Newbie here. I’ve been on the diet since Mar 1, so about 2 months. Ashamed to say I am one of those original haters, was a vegetarian for years, fell off and started with meat and carbs and got fat. Did Atkins years ago and gained after ketosis and since thought all low carb diets were the same. After weight watchers, and every other diet for years, I gave up and thought I would try Ketogenic after reading about it. Walla, I lost 18 pounds with not much effort at all. I have been low energy and had very loose stool often. I have been taking vitamins but recently read about taking salt. Willing to hold out as I like the results so far. Hard to get my head around adding fat to lose weight but seeing is believing.

(Jay AM) #2

Salt, potassium, and magnesium are extremely important electrolytes for people to pay attention to on keto. We have recipes for a ketoade drink.

(Nancy) #3

Not sure what lite salt is. I read about pink salt but could not find it so bought sea salt at the grocery. I shake a ½ tsp in my hand once a day. Before this I didn’t even have salt in the house. Last Dr visit was just after I stared the diet so they recommended me to come back in 3 months for an update, that’s next month. I was hoping to cure the loose stool issue before I went in. I am looking forward to see blood work results after 3 months.

(Jay AM) #4

Lite salt is a potassium chloride and sodium chloride mix. It goes under different names in other countries but tends to have the same bottle color.

(Ron) #5

https://www.amazon.com/Morton-Lite-Salt-Sodium-Table/dp/B0005YM0UY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1508353915&sr=8

(Nancy) #6

Thanks for all the info on salt. I routinely take magnesium daily but I must have needed salt. Salt seems to have tamed by bowels. I do have potassium supplements but afraid of getting too much. I only take when I had Charlie horse( muscle cramps) at night or when I think I’m not getting enough in food. I am still working out the learning curve here. I will pick up some lite salt and switch to that instead. Still picking up things for a little variety but just reaching the 2 month point is lifting the fog and I feel better.

(Ron) #7

Good to hear. Just stay focused as it does get easier.:wink: