Getting more fat into diet

(Mike W.) #1

This seems to be my struggle, which basically means I’m doing Atkins…not good. What are some way i can take a basic breakfast/lunch/dinner (meat, veggies, salad) and fatten it up?

How can I get into ketosis if my blood sugar goes up after a meal?
(bulkbiker) #2

Mayo, avocado in the salad… I’ve started to put a knob of butter on my meat (does that sound rude?) once its cooked… tastes amazing on steaks. Butter on veggies as well. I cook brussels sprouts then add bacon and butter and stir fry for a few minutes. Cream, coconut oil or butter in hot drinks…

Here’s a picture of a gravy boat. But, instead of gravy, fill it with melted butter, to pour all over your meal. If you don’t have a gravy boat, no worries, use a normal bowl instead.

(Mike W.) #4

Ha! I like you, Fiorella. Butter all the things!

(Guardian of the bacon) #5

Exactly, I toss all my veggies in bacon nectar or olive oil before roasting them. Them put a pat of butter on them when plating. I always put butter on my pieces of meat now. I fry my eggs in copious amounts of butter or bacon nectar, pour the excess on my plate with the eggs, then lick the plate clean when I’m done eating.

Cheese. I put cheese on everything, I like pretty much all things cheese. I naw on hard, sharp cheeses. I spread cream cheese on lots of things, or just eat it by the spoon full.

(Casey Brown) #6

I literally just ate a tablespoon of butter by itself for the first time…it actually wasn’t bad and now I’m not hungry! This crazy diet…

(What The Fast?!) #7

Same! But then my protein creeps up. :frowning: Which cheeses are lower in protein?

(Ernest) #8

I put butter on almost everything and I never leave home without these…
I have no shame, I’ll pull out one of my butter tubes in a restaurant.

(Tai) #9

I love organic butter, and avocado oils, duck fat too. Of course we all get sick of eating the same fats sometimes, Thats why i love ghee!! you have to try it.

I also found that some heavy whipping cream with some stevia blended up for a nice sweet treat is pretty nice too. Although its highly addicting haha.

(Jeff Logullo) #10

Okay – that’s a cool idea. I assume you fill those squeeze tubes yourself?

(Ernest) #11

Yes I fill them myself. I have a Kerrygold butter factory in my refrigerator.
Sometimes I mix the salted butter with Pure leaf lard (in the back).

(Zakayla) #12

Add fats to DRINKS!
I drink coconut milk, almond milk and sometimes a mix of both. Cashew milk has carbs in it. The nut milks I but generally are less than 1 or zero carbs per 8oz serving.

I add any combo of these to my decaf coffee in the morning.

I add OILS! So tasty and an easy way to add fats to your drinks or recipes.
I have these on my kitchen counter:

1. Coconut (many brands to select from)
  2. Walnut (brand La Tourangelle Artisan Oils)
  3. Pecan (brand La Tourangelle Artisan Oils)
  4. Hazelnut (brand La Tourangelle Artisan Oils)
  5. Almond (brand La Tourangelle Artisan Oils)
  6. Avocado (brand Choosen Foods. although I rarely add this to my milk)
  7. Hemp (brand Manitoba Harvest. I usually add to Moringa leaf powder by Organic India)

OR another idea if anyone is like me, add oil to water, shake and then drink.
I did this while visiting a zoo and it worked like a charm.

(Zakayla) #13

The bestest Butter ever

(Joseph) #14

That is just… just…absolutely beautiful. I thought I was the only one who stocked up on Kerrygold! H-E-B has been having a sale 2 for $5 so every time I go I grab several blocks of it!

I know this is an old thread but in case anyone reads it in the future… I throw butter on my bacon, sausage, veggies, add avocado to salads… and I just discovered that Peanuts have a lot of fat in them as well. I try and limit my intake on peanuts though.

KCKO!

(Guardian of the bacon) #15

I normally have anywhere from a couple # up to 10# in my freezer, depending when the last sale was

(Ernest) #16

I pick up butter on every Costco trip.

Be careful of your oil consumption, lots of the oil from nuts and seeds have very high omega6:3 ratio. As for hemp and flax oil, while their omega3 is good, they turn rancid easily and should not be used for cooking.

(Zu) #18

tahini… labna (yoghurt dip) topped with olive oil… fat bombs twice daily!

(Austin ) #19

Tried this for the first time tonight. It is amazing on broccoli of all things.