Getting into Keto - end of 1st week, my muscles aching all over..?

(Bansaw) #1

I guess I’m experiencing some Keto flu.
I am however taking some Potassium and Magnesium.

I took 300mg Potassium yesterday, and 500mg of Magnesium. I don’t think this had an affect.
How much did you guys take when you were experiencing Keto flu ?

(Diane) #2

Many people recommend supplementing sodium because when you get enough sodium it helps regulate how your body retains the other electrolytes. Many people who supplement with enough sodium don’t need to supplement with anything else.

Also, it is best to be VERY careful when supplementing potassium as it can cause heart problems if you over supplement.

(Bansaw) #3

thanks…Sodium from sea salt, or capsules, or something else?

Sea salt works!

(Diane) #5

I like sea salt as it also contains very small amounts of other minerals.

(Marianne) #6

I drink salt water all day with a small amount of Lite Salt and more Himalyan Salt for the sodium. When I started and for about 2 weeks, I made sure to get enough salt and to eat enough (3 meals a day, even though I had never done that in the past). I think it helped me avoid the keto flu, which I didn’t experience. After a couple of weeks, I had no desire to eat three meals a day. That became two and shortly after that OMAD. Good luck.

(Bansaw) #7

Its my hope to go OMAD. I am coming from a chronic fatigue/Lyme background so we’ll see how it goes. My doc actually put me on Keto!

(Marianne) #8

Wow, you found a unicorn!!! :unicorn:

Yes, go at your own pace.

(Khara) #9

I find this electrolyte recipe easy and helpful.