Getting enough calories on feasting days

(Alexia Falcone ) #1

Hi all !

Pretty new to keto. I have been doing keto and IF since June… It has really worked well for me after a little bit of a rough start ( really bad keto flu, :nauseated_face:probably due to my all or nothing approach to everything ). I have lost about 30 lbs and I feel really great in a fasted state.

My problem seems to be eating enough on non fasting days. I have just completed a five day water fast and I was so looking forward to a feasting weekend… had planned a nice organic roasted chicken with avocado oil mayo, red bell pepper with Conte cheese, a nice big salad with avocado… had a bulletproof coffe this morning,and a handful of Brazil nuts to break my fast and I don’t think i’ll make it to the chicken and salad part … just not hungry enough to eat now… anyone else experience this?

(Maura hAGERTY) #2

I have the same problem…looking forward to your answers.

(What The Fast?!) #3

I have the opposite problem. I want to eat ALL the food on feasting days!!!

(Raj Seth) #4

Give it time. Let your body tell you what it wants. Can’t outthink millions of years of evolution
Don’t force yourself to eat

I haven’t yet done a 5 days fast during keto but I have the same problem with ADF, the eating day should be a feast and I hardly feel like eating. I could easily go like you with just the little I’ve broken the fast with.
I think you can give your body some time, and eat the chicken later.

(Jane) #6

I had the same problem ADF’ing. Not so much braking an EF.

I had trouble getting more than 800-900 calories in one day after fasting a day. I didn’t force any food and over the next 2 days my appetite gradually got back to normal. Or my new normal under keto.

I don’t know how this would impact someone who is trying to lose weight, but here’s what my family does to gain/maintain their weight. It’s all about increasing caloric density. Nuts and seeds are a good source, 4 ounces (half a cup) is about 800 calories, we eat this as a snack. Drinking calories is easier than eating them, so we make smoothies with coconut cream, avocado, seeds, and berries.

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

We don’t need the exact same calories everyday. Your body can average everything out over the course of several days/week. Check this out if you haven’t seen it yet.

https://idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/

(Leigh Thomas) #9

Calories don’t mean anything. Eat until you are full, your body is very good at knowing when it’s had enough to eat. :wink:

This video will help give you some insight as to why calories don’t matter and a few other things as well.

(Alexia Falcone ) #10

I might not have expressed myself well… It’s not so much the calories as much as I want to keep my metabolism running high on fasting days … I have been block fasting, and it has really worked for me… I listened to the Megan Ramos podcast where she spoke about feasting and fasting, and it just seems that the feasting part is harder than I thought…

(Omar) #11

I had exactly the same issue

I could not eat enough on the feasting

You will get conflicting opinions on this issue.

Some people will tell you just eat what you can and should be OK even if you eat under designated calories because your body is getting the balance from the body fat.

While others opinions is that you maybe lowering your metabolism permenantly.