Getting a little frustrated

(Jennibc) #21

That means cheap seed oils. I’d ditch it and see if that makes a difference. For me just changing that out of my diet was good for over 30 pounds over a year and a half.

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #22

I found that most of the avocado Mayo’s still have seed oils as the first ingredient! There’s only…2? 3? that are guiltless. Making your own is super easy tho!

(Susan) #23

@coffeekittie and @Jacquihay

The one I buy from Costco is very Keto =)

Chosen Foods
Traditional Mayonnaise
classic//creamy//smooth
100% Avocado oil Based

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #24

What’s the name of it?!? I bet it’s cheaper than what I got. Wow, it’s expensive! Need to start making my own…yeah! I got this!

(Susan) #25

Yes, it is $10.00 but I use 1 tablespoon (measured when I use it as it has 100 calories per), so I have only bought 2 jars since starting Keto. It is good for 2 months after opening it says on side. I put sometimes 1/2 a tablespoon for 50 cals, with 1/2 tablespoon of EVOO for salad dressing.

Making my own would require avocados. I have stopped buying them because of them being expensive, and being almost 400 calories each, so not worth the cost and calories for me.

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #26

I believe there are other fats to use as opposed to just the avocado! I can get cheap ones here, especially at the Grocery Outlet. Looooove that store!

(April Harkness) #28

When i started keto and gave Dr Berg’s recommended version of keto a whirl…All those veggies made me bloat. Now on the carnivore train. Although this weekend i did have a handful of spinach as a treat wity my tuna

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #29

It sounds as though you are definitely fat adapted, I agree. But I wonder if you are eating enough. Even on a low-carb diet, the body is reluctant to part with its reserves during famine conditions. Paradoxically, eating more might help you lose weight. As long as you are keeping your carb intake—and therefore your insulin level—low, you can eat to satiety and still lose fat. Your appetite will be adjusted to a level at which your body can metabolise both the fat you eat and any excess stored fat you can afford to shed. On an inadequate caloric intake, however, the body does what it can to shut off non-essential processes and slow the metabolism down to match intake.

Another issue that can impede fat loss, is insulin resistance, a state in which your pancreas is forced to secrete quite a bit of insulin to achieve the same result as a smaller amount secreted in a person with a normal metabolism. Until your insulin resistance comes down, you may not be able to mobilise fat from your adipose tissue to be metabolised. Be sure to eat no more than 20 g/day of carbohydrate, and possibly even less, until your insulin level comes down.

Where Dr. Berg goes wrong is that it the strain on the liver comes from glucose and fructose, not from protein or fat, so you are much better limiting carbohydrate (which is long chains of glucose molecules) and especially limiting sugar. One molecule of sucrose is a molecule of glucose bonded to a molecule of fructose, and fructose is especally hard on your liver.