Full Blune Carnivore June

(Vic) #161

The small things were chicken. The rest was horse steak and raw soused herring.

I will try to find fresh pork skin and cook with it, its hard to find here.

You said it. You are healing and I was a massive restrictor also of my food and I know I wrecked my hormones and more LOL so yes, just let the ā€˜process happenā€™ for a while and when that body heals more it drops the added weight, the appetite changes again, you become way more in tune with what your body is asking for and your snacking will become like an automatic drop for youā€¦there is that point we donā€™t need to rely on it as our bodies get more nourishedā€¦all comes with time on plan and healing of our insides! You have a good insight to you :slight_smile:

--------food yesterday was NY Strip steak
4 slices bacon
tin of sardines
2 beef sticks

feeling great.
all going zc perfect so far but I did have some cravings last night. probably cause I am eating lower than my normal due to summer and being activeā€¦but I never fear in thisā€¦I know I will have a big eating day coming up :slight_smile: my body will say EAT! and yes I will. But I have to watch eating too low and the cravings can kick in but I just donā€™t truly want any food. Again, normal issue for me in summer time so I know me on thisā€¦best thing is to know yourself truly and how the appetite swings and any little doors that can open to produce cravings and moreā€¦key to it all is EAT well at all times truly.

today is a 1.5 lb. pork tenderloin to cook later for first meal.
not sure on second, I think that bad boy is gonna fill me up fine but if more wanted I sure got the food around to handle it!

Carnivore Strong!

huh? what? we never had this before in our threads LOL

what did you say FB???

ok just joking here :skull_and_crossbones::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

I have been checking morning fasted blood glucose this week as I am working on discerning the difference between hunger and cravings.

I agree with Fangs. Yeah, you said it! :clap:

I notice on a higher protein version that I get cravings for sweet things. I added more bone broth hoping the glycine would make a difference as it is the sweetest amino acid. But that didnā€™t work. What does work is adding saturated animal fat or dairy (cheese) back in. It reveals to me the challenge of ever attempting a protein (muscle) sparing modified fast, or attempting ā€˜leanā€™ days.

Morning blood glucose has been about 6.0mmol/L (128) with 0.1 mmol/L ketones. This happens to me on carnivore, the higher blood glucose. Possibly the coffee I drink is potentiated and results in an adrenal response? When my blood glucose drops by greater than 0.5mmol/L into the 90ā€™s, thatā€™s when I recognise proper hunger, rather than vague urges. This week that drop occurs at about 1330pm, more than 90 minutes after noon.

Today 4 eggs, 3 rashers middle bacon (with rind = skin), 80 Jarlsberg cheese, beef bone broth, 2 cups of coffee before noon but not after. 6 hours later, 600g rib eye with Castello blue cheese 70g. I do not feel hungry.

A winter storm rolled through this evening, black cockatoos heralded itā€™s arrival, then the wind picked up from the ocean, and a thunder clap brought hail. I cooked on the wood burning stove.

I was just asking Vic if the gold nuggets were baked cheese. He said they were chicken in another reply.

(Karen) #166

Miss a day and its happened again, sorry I have had to whizz past all the posts. I hate working weekends cos it so messes with my reading hahaha.

Well yesterday was my 64th birthday. I got up, did the stair runs and went to work the morning shift. Bought a sickly looking tray bake on the way in to split between the guys in reception and those in the video link as they are the two main areas I work. They all loved it but of course I didnā€™t partake lol.

I had some ham and cheese as a pack up. Didnā€™t want to take too much to work because my daughter and her hubbyr had planned to take me out for dinner.

She had told me a few days before that she was taking me for a meal and did I want to know where we were going I said No I like the surprise and I was confident that she would take me somewhere where she knew I would be able to eat the food. She said Yes I would be able to eat the food cos she didnā€™t want to here me complaining hahahaha ā€¦ as if??? :thinking::thinking:

We had 4 different steaks to share and it was beautiful but I should have ordered a more fattier cut. I think my babes wanted leaner so I went with their choice.

20210619_193219 20210619_193236

I didnā€™t realise how fast my babes eat!!! They got through their chips salad veg and steak quicker than I ate just steaks alone! I think that was because they were lean with no visible fat and I find those harder to eat ā€¦ or perhaps I just enjoy savouring the flavour so I chew for much longer. Canā€™t be good for them chewing 3 times and swallowingā€¦ how do they taste it when it barely touches the sides of their mouths lol ?

After the meal my daughter and I went to the CrossFit box and did a weight lifting skills class which we enjoyed though she didnā€™t enjoy the warm up on top of all those carbs (including a dessert!

I felt great and fuelled ready for lifting.

Up early for work this morning and did the stair runs and pack up was a packet of 5 x topside slices, some bacon and cheddar.
Came home and cooked a lovely fatty sirloin steak, and bacon. The fat tasted so yummy. Followed it with cheese.

Work again tomorriw :roll_eyes:

(Jenn) #167

Well, folks, Iā€™m tapping out. I did carnivore for 30 days. Iā€™ve had some really good results (eczema cleared up, weight loss), but Iā€™m also struggling with things like mood issues and the thought of food making me feel sick to my stomach. Iā€™m still prioririzing animal proteins, but Iā€™m slowly reincorporating leafy veggies.

(Linda ) #168

Happy 64th birthday :birthday::partying_face::tada: but serriously you do not look anywhere near close to 64 in your picture ā€¦

Your meal looks yummy but I agree on the lean steaks I prefer my meat to come with a healthy dose of fat attached haha.

Todays meat so far has been 2 flanken ribs and a small pork rib I am just now getting hungry at almost 9pm so Iā€™ll prob make myself chicken in a egg white wrapā€¦

@FrankoBear, yes the fat intake is very important to many of us. If you feel you need it then eat it. Just follow how you feel at all times and the little experiments are important to gauge yourself.

Hail? wow that is quite the storm. We are raining with thunder rumbling now. Wet day all around, my precious sunshine is gone for a few days.

@Karen18
:partying_face::partying_face: happy birthday. loved reading your steak adventure and the pics look delish. So glad you had a great time with your DD and SIL.

and I agree with Aziā€¦you look no where near 60s!! I truly thought you were in your late 40s with all your CrossFit and stairs and moreā€¦more power to you K! You inspire us all!

@Jaxxie, it was great you got healing results but adaption is very tough for some heading into carnivore. Your mood issue and food issues probably would be handled with more time on plan. It really does take more like 90 days to 6 months for bigger changes and adaption to be worked thru for alot of usā€¦but I understand, it is great you tried it and you took that walk into our lifestyleā€¦wishing you the best on your movement forward for you!!!

@Azi just wondering, is there a reason you do a egg white wrap and donā€™t use the yolks? just curious on it.

------------------SO food was a 1.4 lb pork tenderloin. yum
2 cheeseburger patties
tin of sardines, beef stick

the pork filled me up great but then I got hungry again for second meal. cooked my 2 big burgers. loved them but then I just wanted to eat more and more and more LOL and ya knowā€¦I had nothing else defrosted. I had chicken to cook but blah on chicken :slight_smile: So I had sardines and beef stick that was that little extra that made me ok. I think it was I didnā€™t like my burgers much, I darn near burned one side up on themā€¦eh, I think I found them less than desirable so I wanted more food to compensate for me screwing up cooking them?? I donā€™t like darn near burnt burgers HA

got thru the day fine.
big Tstorms out there right nowā€¦few days of big rain, bleck, me want sun!

all good in zc land. be strong and carry on and hope everyone is feelinā€™ fine!

(Karen) #170

Thank you Linda, 8t 8s amazing what a little make up can achieve hahaha. I dressed up for my daughter hen night weekend and we had to dress as a 90ā€™s popular, well def not my era and only one I could think of was shania twain so wig make up made the leopard print coat trousers and crop top and the lads at work saw piccie and asked if it was my daughter ! I have had some many years practise at the make up lol. Mind you I think I will need a lesson or two before going dancing again, havenā€™t worn make up since the pandemic started eeeek! :rofl::rofl:

(Karen) #171

Thank you, if I can inspire one person to believe that age shouldnā€™t get in the way of doing whatever they enjoy then I am a happy bunny.

And I hate over cooked burgers too. The 100% beef burgers need to be slightly rare for me. I like them juicy.

Was talking to my aussie colleague and he was telling my how nice kangaroo steaks were. He said not to bother with the burgers n sausages but def try the steaks. So that will be next on my list to try! The butcher i was using at Xmas (before finding out how cheap the Company Shop was lol) can get hold of kangaroo and bison and other meats from abroad so I will pop in sometime and order some steaks.

(Karen) #172

Up at 5.30am stair runs done and off to work with my pack up of bacon, cheese and some chicken breast n cheese to heat up in Mikey.

Home for dinner which was sirloin steak bacon and eggs., followed by more cheese and now just enjoying some canned corned beef ā€¦ just feeling a tad bit hungry this evening!

(Linda ) #173

No only reason is it makes food portable lolā€¦I fry them in bacon grease til brown and crispy then I can eat sliced chicken or chicken salad on chicken wrap or make carnivore taco style foodā€¦
I eat so many flankenstyle ribs with baconā€¦ eggs just havenā€™t been something calling my name so I use them to coat my meat with pork rinds or the egg wrap to pick up foodā€¦

(Vic) #174

Uploaden: 20210619_123546.jpgā€¦

food yesterday was a big ribeye steak
some taylor ham slices
cheese/pepperoni off pizza slice, 3 buffalo wings (yes family got takeout pizza and other crap and I bought the buffalo wingsā€¦ugh)

and I paid for it. The mozz cheese just doesnā€™t set well with me. The buffalo sauce burned up my tummy instantly. I KNOW for an absolute fact there is no more pizza toppings and no more buffalo wings in my life. I AM SO over trying to make ā€˜real good carnivoreā€™ food out of crappy low grade take out foodā€¦I should have just fried up my other ribeye and left that other crap alone LOL I lived but I am SO done with it all.

all good
steak and whatever today
gotta get me a pork tenderloin out of freezer and defrost.

Iā€™ve been wondering a bit lately about autophagy whilst eating carnivore. Has anyone here read/listened/watched anything on that topic?

On a food front, I have found myself becoming less interested in eggs in favour of more steak. I usually eat 6 a day, now averaging 3 a day.

Not worrying about it; will see where my intuition takes me.

@Septimius ā€” Yes that was me. I ate omelet after omelet, scrambled eggs as a side with my steak when I started and one day I WAS SO over eggs. They give me nothing now trulyā€¦no fullness, no extra umppftt at all and I dropped themā€¦what I rely on for eggs is when out and about in life I order a ā€˜bacon cheese 3 egg omeletā€™ as my default meal when I have to eat out with hubby etcā€¦but then come home and at a steak still HAHA I so get your change on eggs, this is a very very normal carnivore change for sure.

Autophagy is thought to begin at around 16 hours without food or caloric intake, but it may take longer in some individuals. Intermittent fasting is popularly done by allowing meals only within a 6-8-hour window each day, leaving the remaining 16-18 hours as the fasting portion.-----------------NOW ALOT OF people feel they need, or read, or are convinced in some way ā€˜starving a bit more longerā€™ to achieve a deeper autophagy is requiredā€¦that is them :slight_smile: It is a personal thought on where you lie but IF WE carnivores can get our cells cleansed AND eating our optimal menu of carnivore menu onlyā€¦then do we require more or should more thought be given? I am on a personal note to give no more power to this ā€˜type of dieting, or cleansing or whatever they call itā€™ cause I get my share of it just being carnivore and at the same time I am on the best of the best nutrition eating plan at the same time. I find no one has to ā€˜go overboardā€™ ever to find real nutrition and to get body benefits cause our eating plan of carnivore gives it all to usā€¦I am be zero carb carnivore and leave the rest of the BS out there to others LOLā€¦so those are my thoughts on this :slight_smile:

Autophagy is tempting but I obviously eat when really hungry. I am so waiting for my body to be cooperative but I fast even less on carnivore, never skipping a day.

I go for OMAD now again but of course, itā€™s up to my body.

I eat less eggs but I always have this in waves, one day I am into eggs then I want less, I obviously eat less eggs when I have a big fresh pork roastā€¦ And I have to eat many when I barely have any meat for the day. Though I try to avoid that, I learned my theory about what I can handle isnā€™t always rightā€¦ I am the type who like to have options. Challenges are fine and dandy to some extent but I can be paranoid if I donā€™t have enough eggs or meat, both are very important, I couldnā€™t do it with one of them.

Erm so I am backā€¦ Alvaro picked cherries yesterday, we barely have any and I ate only a few half-ripe ones but I think my body wasnā€™t cooperative. Itā€™s hard to tell why I felt a bit bellyache, my night was messed up with stupid mozzies waking me at the worst time. It doesnā€™t do good to my insides either but I feel my food wasnā€™t good enough either. I have no regrets, okay, I wouldnā€™t do it exactly the same if I could repeat itā€¦ But it was a tiny discomfort only. Lack of clear water troubled me more, our well has bad times but then I realized the hot water is older and clean :smiley:
Of course the problem is that it wasnā€™t my first slightly carby day (itā€™s the ā€œworstā€ when Alvaro uses up all our fatty meat in a not even keto dish. a nice exotic one, I mean we never made it with meat before despite it originally contains meat. no way I let him to eat up my pork shoulders! so I tasted it, a few times. I planned to buy meat on the weekend sales but it didnā€™t happen. it will this week, I need it). For some reason it was hard to come back despite I like that better but there was something every dayā€¦ But I am sure I donā€™t mess it up now.

I have turkey wings! Well, 2 for us 2 but what would Alvaro make some meat when he has his cabbage soup and pancake cake with pudding and fruits? He already told me I can have both but we will see. Itā€™s good I made the pancakes. For him so with flour but well, itā€™s 5g flour per eggs, not 60g as in ā€œnormalā€ recipes :smiley: He eats my carni pancakes but sometimes complains about them being too like scrambled eggs. While they are perfection to me, best pancakes I ever ate. I love when I donā€™t need compromises and sacrifices. I am super bad at those.

I still have liver, I eat it so slowly and I fried a lot as 2 packages stuck :smiley: And Alvaro keeps eating desserts but all the time (not a big change but still, itā€™s even more serious now. how can one eat pudding each and every day? well okay I eat pancake each and every day but itā€™s pancake :D)ā€¦ So he doesnā€™t eat liver now.
I want to defrost the freezer, itā€™s high time for it so we eat everything from it. There are 2 packages of chicken liver insideā€¦ I better search for some nice recipe though a hungry me should be happy with fried liverā€¦ To some extent, no way I would eat much.
Itā€™s good fried liver doesnā€™t spoil easily.

I wonā€™t write about carbs next time, I promise. Alv has his own stuff, I only need to focus on mine :smiley: The turkey is done, I just need to warm it up and make some boiled eggs and pancakesā€¦ I have head cheese and quark with that.

Thatā€™s really helpful, thanks @Fangs - very interesting to read that itā€™s a common thing with the eggs.

I probably should explain my question a bit - Iā€™m not thinking of changing anything; I was just idly pondering. I donā€™t fast and since moving to carnivore I donā€™t have an eating window and I am not strict over meals per day: I simply eat when hungry.

Itā€™s one of the things I like the most about carnivore; Iā€™ve learnt what my hunger signals are (instead of cravings) and I feed my body when it wants food. Itā€™s all very sensible and intuitive to me.

But I was thinking about skin. I havenā€™t got any loose skin at the moment (fingers crossed this remains so), and I was wondering why this might be (whilst being very grateful!). I wondered if there was a different signal in place when eating carnivore - it might sound silly, but I couldnā€™t work out if Iā€™d just hit on lucky with hormones/genetics, or if autophagy can be triggered without the usual 16+ hours of not eating, or if it might be ok now but I might not be as fortunate down the line.

Anyway, I am sticking to the plan - very happy with this way of eating. I just got the question in my head and couldnā€™t shake it!

(Karen) #180

Day off today after working all weekend. My body really appreciated the extra time in bed but not sure if my mind felt the same! I donā€™t think I really eat too well at work. I always eat carnivore and both days ate a steak when I got home but I donā€™t know whether the stresses of work get to me.

Did my stair runs and then went to CrossFit and tweaked my right hip/lower back doing scorpions in the warm up. Scorpions for those who donā€™t know are lying on the floor face down, one arm stretched at 2 oā€™clock the other arm near the chest and opposite leg to the 2 oā€™clock arm then crosses the other leg as near to the 2 oā€™clock arm as possible. Then you do same opposite side. I was probably trying to get my leg too high and my hip didnā€™t want to play. My bad. Anyway as I am doing weight lifting before the wod the coach is trying to correct my bad form and I know I am distracted by my hip/back hurting which I should have mentioned. Well all of a sudden I get all welled up and can feel tears starting. I think out of frustrating cos the pain wasnā€™t bad enough to make me cry lol. Oh yes, the first time I am glad we have to wear masks when moving about the box, so I stick mask on which obscures my face and head to loo where I gave myself a right talking to and said ā€˜Karen flippin behave yourself and get back out there and bloody get on with itā€™ and I did. I felt so pleased with myself because once I start crying I usually canā€™t stop and then feel really silly. The wod was better with having sorted my mindset out. Hip still got twinges but it will feel better after resting in bed tonight.

Picked up some more goodies from the Company Shop. More half price steaks etc but now I really have to sort the freezer out again to fit some of the food in lol. Got to stop shopping and eat some freezer bits instead. Keep telling myself but I am obviously not listening!

Food today was;
Brunch 1 large gourmet beef burger, bought today, which was lovely and a rump steak. Rumps never look too big when in the vacuum pack but flippin grow when cooking them lol

Dinner half chicken breast, drum, leg and wing followed by a second gourmet beef burger and cheese.

Early night tonight as back to work tomorrow and up at 4.45am arggggh

Unusual day but I was an especially bad zombie (sleep problems - I slept a lot but not when itā€™s most important, stupid mozzies - and heat)ā€¦
I managed to get somewhat hungry at 8:30pm so I ate. I totally stuffed myself, thatā€™s one reason I like my pancakes, I always can fit 3 when I already feel satiatedā€¦ About 1100 kcal (pretty reliable as always when I eat very little meat), about 0.25 pound of meat as I didnā€™t want my turkeyā€¦ Warm freshly boiled eggs with liver sounded better. Tomorrow will be way meatier.
I am very very satiated now. And melting in my over 25C roomā€¦ I will be so miserable until mid-September when the weather becomes great againā€¦ Itā€™s 35C outside nowadays. But itā€™s still cool at dawn, itā€™s something! It can get worse.
I killed a few dozens of mozzies today, it felt a bit good except it overheated meā€¦