Fried chicken skins, please?

(ketohealthclub) #1

How should I season and fry these skins? I don’t want to bake them. What oil/grease are good?

(matt ) #2

I would assume chicken fat would be the best if you can get some.

(ketohealthclub) #3

No but I do have butter, olive oil and possibly enough bacon grease. Never heard of keeping chicken fat on hand. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Larry Lustig) #4

Just put them in the pan dry and cook then in their own rendered fat. Like bacon.

I wouldn’t use olive oil or butter…as chicken fat fries at a higher temperature. Also the bacon can mask the flavor of chicken. Start the chicken in cold pan, let it render out its own grease as it heats up. Take skins out when it reaches your desired crispness. Then keep the remaining grease to cook your next yummy meal :yum:

(matt ) #6

You can buy it just like you can buy lard or tallow.

(Kathy Meyer) #7

Do you have a toaster oven? I put them on some foil and put on broil. Usually I spice with salt, pepper, and chili powder. I stand nearby and wait until they start getting really crispy.

(Hungry Julie) #8

I’ve used butter and bacon grease myself but coconut is fine as well. I fry pan mine, it only takes a few minutes like bacon.

(ketohealthclub) #9

Great idea!!

(Tim Oboyle) #11

cast iron pan a couple circles of olive oil
in the oven at 400F, 200C to our non Farenheit friends.

(ketohealthclub) #12

I just saw it today for the first time at butcher shop!

(carl) #13

I just made them. Salted in olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium flame until golden and crispy. Yummmmm

Oh boy, when I think of all the chicken thigh skin I have tossed over the past 12 years. That’s when I adopted my pup and I feed him raw. The skin gives him loose bowels so I take it off. I always dread skinning the thighs, not anymore!!! And the dry skillet method sounds like the easiest.