Frank's Hot Sauce ❤

(eat more) #1

how am i just discovering this now?!
i’m obsessed…luckily i discovered it in time for my costco to be clearing out 2/25oz bottles for $5.59 out the door (i paid $3 for a 10oz bottle elsewhere!)

(Andrew Anderson) #2

Melt a couple tablespoons of butter into it! So amazing!

(eat more) #3

i have 60 oz so i could have a lot of failed (not likely) experiments and not cry about it :joy:

(AnnaLeeThal) #4

Freaking love the stuff. Did not love it before Keto.

(Jen H) #5

It’s the best sauce, for sure. Making this tonight with it (one of our staples) https://www.ruled.me/buffalo-chicken-jalapeno-popper-casserole/

(Roxanne) #6

Actually I think that’s about the regular price there, I’ve bought it a few times. I like to combine 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup Franks Hot from Costco, and 1/2 cup Frank’s Extra Hot, and toss with BBQ’d chicken wings or drumsticks.

I think this is what we have, but I think it is kinda thin.

If I recall correctly when I did atkins his book at a recipe. I think it was basically melted butter with hot sauce in it. Sadly, I don’t have that book any more, it’s long gone, because everyone said how eating that way long term will kill you.

Sigh.

(Ashley Haddock) #8

Heat it up with some butter and throw some chicken in the skillet. SO good and easy!

(Daniel C.) #9

When i saw that title i freaked out a bit

The best sauce in my oppinion is keto bbq+ketchup and veryy sweet chilly taste. You simply buy all the ingredients and use aspartam or any other freesugah royal treat . I use diet cola , i boil that till its getting a pasta like a cream but being quite pricey i rarelly do it, and i eat it all by itself. Make it with bacon. You will love me!

(Brenda Norton) #10

Costco sells a powdered version that you can sprinkle on everything. Last longer and less messy.

(Roxanne) #11

But doesn’t the powdered stuff have sugar in it? I remember looking at the ingredients and putting it back on the shelf.

(Brenda Norton) #12

Just looked at the ingradients and it does have maltodextrin near the bottom of the list. It is so strong and full of flavour that I use a very small amount…less than1/8 of a teaspoon

(G. Andrew Duthie) #13

Just went to Costco, and picked up a couple of bottles. Does that make me suggestible? :slight_smile:

(Roxanne) #14

It makes you smart!

(jketoscribe) #15

I usually don’t like hot and spicy (except for a weird craving for Thai chili oil during pregnancy, and occasional flings with wasabi peanuts) but I had my first exposure to Franks last year making Buffalo wings in my Instant Pot. They must put crack in there because I’m hooked!!!

(Megan) #16

I’ve got to try that! I get the big bottles from Costco as well. I put that s**t on everything!

(eat more) #17

since i’m a newbie to franks i totally giggled that my costco bottles say that and it’s true! :joy:

(matt ) #18

The original recipe for buffalo wings is Frank’s and butter. Still the best I think.

(Brenda Norton) #19

I’very been eating this way for almost 3 years. Before keto I couldn’t tolerate spice but now I’m adding Frank’s all the time especially on wings. Any one else notice an increased tolerance for spice since going keto?

(Kirk Evans) #20

I had a monster craving for nachos last night. I put pork rinds on a cookie sheet and grated cheddar and monterey jack cheese on them. Baked for about 5 minutes to melt. Added some taco meat, jalapenos, and Frank’s hot sauce on top. Was pretty darned good, and cured that craving with only about 6g carbs.