Foxhill Kitchen

(Lance Edwards) #1

Has anyone got the recipe for the Fox Hill kitchen bread.

(Anja) #2

I have been watching this question for the last several days for an answer.
Anyone out there with the recipe?
Please and thanks!

(Jennifer) #3

Ditto…

Yes please.

(bulkbiker) #5

Have you tried e-mailing and asking them?
Although as a commercial bakery I very much doubt they will hand over their recipe.
Not very helpful but realistic?

(Lance Edwards) #6

I have tried emailing without success

(bulkbiker) #7

I think you’re very unlikely to get the recipe… the only thing you can do is use their ingredients list and try to play around with quantities to get a similar result…
I had the same problem here in the UK … one of the large supermarkets makes a hi protein roll which a lot of Type 2’s use as it is pretty low carb. However not all of their stores stock them so I tried to get the recipe but they refused to share it as it is one of their products… You can;t really blame them… they invented the product and sell it so they’re pretty unlikely to give it away for free.

(Daniel Winter) #8

I have all the ingredients from the podcast where they give the items in the Fox Hill bagels. I agree they wont hand over the recipie. I am starting this weekend to attempt the bagels. I will post results and amounts of each when done.

(Lance e) #9

Thanks, let us all know I’m on edge waiting for this

(Rachael D.) #10

I would love the recipe too! I live in Australia so tinkering with the ingredients is my only option. I hope you crack it as i pretty much havent stopped thinking about it since i heard Carl talking about it on the podcast :wink:

(Sophie) #11

You might want to take a look at this thread…

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/foxhill-kitchens/13930

(Louise ) #12

I’ve been trying to do a Google search, but to no avail. The taste and texture is like the Diet Doctors and alldayidreamaboutfood buns. I’ve made the buns before, but haven’t added yeast. The google searches I’ve seen have activated the yeast with honey, before adding to the rest of the flours. I believe Julie from Fox Hill Kitchen says that the yeast eats any carbs in the flours.

(Sophie) #13

Yeast thrives on sugars…most keto/lo-carb recipes do not use flours that contain high amounts of sugars, nor are actual flours at all. My understanding is that the yeast simply adds that “bread like” flavor and does not contribute to any actual rise in baking because there is no gluten involved. Things that can cause rise instead are eggs, baking soda/vinegar, and baking powder.

BEWARE FOX KITCHENS MOLD!!!

Use caution when ordering from Fox Hill Kitchens – I just order $60 of bunz from there and they arrived very molded!! The owner said it was “too costly” to reship, so I am stuck with moldy bread.

Did you know about their unsafe shipping habits? They ship it frozen in a paper box with no insulation or added item to help ensure their product remains safe. If the mold is so visible when I first opened the box, how long ago was it there just not visible to the naked eye yet? I don’t trust the safety of their products now.

I just listened to the episode that mentioned Fox Hill Kitchen’s bread, very excitedly I rushed to their page only to find the recipe wasn’t there. My next step was to come here, what a shame they didn’t share the recipe as promised. Most of us can’t buy it anyway. Sighs