Fourth fast, 5 of 7-9 days done

(Raj Seth) #1

Added fourth fast at post 7Started with a 36 hour two weeks ago. Then a 3 day last week and now on a 6 day. On day 2. Drinking tea, coffee and brine. Been locarb for 3+ months, keto for 2+ of those

I am especially blessed, in that I have found fasting to be so easy. No hunger pangs, cravings or anything. In fact I feel so bulletproof, I feel like I could fast forever ( take with a pinch of Himalayan pink salt, given that I have only done 3 days so far :rofl: )

Day 1 was a non event. Day 2 I thought about how I was not planning what and when I was going to eat next. I did have a discussion about wings, my recent trip to Duff’s in buffalo, and then thought I would love to have wings soon!

I have never felt so in control of my body, my eating and my hunger (I have none). I did have trouble trying to get in enough feasting before this 6 day. I was loath to overeat just to calorie load. I ate fat calorie dense foods but doubt that I got over 3K calories daily. I can’t do that without eating ice cream and bagels LOL. I did launch the fast witha breakfast of 2x coffees (tbsp butter, tbsp coconut oil, 4 oz HWC) and a cup of broth with 30 gms of bacon drippings (that’s 1500 fat calories)

I will post my daily experiences on this 6 day fast. I hope it feels as great or greater than the previous 1.5 and 3 day. Maybe then I will attempt the 9 day fast prescribed for the most devout Jains (my birth religion). Being not religious, I never even considered it before. But now - why not?

(Raj Seth) #2

Day three done. Started day 4. I am in uncharted territory for me. Feel fabulous. Drinking a ton. No hunger or cravings. Blood glucose just going from 100-120 range to 90s on day 3. Hope to log some 80s and 90s today. I’m over the half way mark and am looking forward to the home cured bacon that will be ready for my breakfast after day 6!
I am drinking a new concoction. 1 liter of water, 1tsp Himalayan pink salt, and 1-2 tbsp of Frank’s red hot saice. Yummmm. I can sip on that all day and the body just soaks it up. Frank’s adds some vinegar and cayenne to the mix and it just tastes great. I can drink 4-6 liters of that a day.

(Raj Seth) #3

Day 4 done. Feel energized, sleeping well. NO hunger or cravings - am I lucky or what?
2 more days to go. I have 2 sides of bacon curing for Breakfast this Saturday 1/20 - YUMMY

(Raj Seth) #4

Six days done. No issues. Except it’s hard to feast I can eat so little before I am full. I am eating standard keto stuff. But I can’t choke down any more food!

(Akilah Aije Carvajal) #5

What do you infer as to the reason why fasting is easy for you?

(Raj Seth) #6

I have no idea. Maybe because I am fully fat adapted and have 80 lbs of fat to draw from? But why look a gift horse in the mouth? I am on day 5 of my next 9 day fast now. No hunger. I do drink 6 liter of water a day. I mix 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt and a tbsp or two of hot sauce on it. Yummmm

(Raj Seth) #7

Now on my fourth fast. After feasting for 10 days after my 5.5 day, gaining 7 lbs, I am now on day 6 of a 7-9 day fast. Feeling absolutely fabulous
This one is a stricter water only fast except I have a half and half in my coffee in the morning. I’m gonna start black tea tomorrow
I wish I had discovered fasting 20 yrs ago. What a magical drug!!

I’m down 2 notches on my belt, and was below my previous low weight on day 2. I’ve been traveling so not by my home scale. Belt notches are a better NSV anyway!