Food Processor

(Zack F) #1

Does anyone have a recommendation for a food processor? I’d like to keep the price under $100.

(eat more) #2

i got a fairly decent sized cuisinart at walmart for like $20 but i use the ninja auto iq almost daily

(Zack F) #3

I thought Ninjas were glorified blenders. I need to check this out more.

(eat more) #4

well it doesn’t shred or slice like an actual food processor but there is a pulse feature that i use to “shred”…sometimes a little too much but it’s so fast and easy clean up so i just keep using it

Generally, the smaller the chamber, the cheaper the food processor appliance. Don’t worry if you come across a recipe that needs a larger chamber…just do it in batches, instead of all in one shot. Most recipes can be done with smaller units.

I have a Braun CombiMax 600 that I was given on my 21st birthday. I am now 46! It has a small crack in the plastic which makes liquids problematic although it doesn’t come out fast. I would say that has lasted pretty well!

(Henna Selnes) #7

I was going to say,try a braun. Lol. Mine was my mother in laws from the 80’s, gave to my husband early 2000s and when we got married, now mine. Still going. Maybe look at swap meets, or place and ad for replacement or parts. Or look at German companies.

(Dustin Cade) #8

i use our ninja to shred cheese, just cut a block into small pieces, wiz it up and its great for making fathead…

Check Craig’s list for Cuisinart.

(Zack F) #10

Any model to look for?

(eat more) #11

do you have a costco membership?
they always have processors and ninjas on the cheap…and an amazing return policy if you find something you like better

(Jamie Hayes) #12

I hate to be flippant but your teeth and jaw are the best food processors.

(Zack F) #13

I see you but I doubt my family and guests will want me to process their food that way. :wink:

(eat more) #14

i’ve read that Alicia Silverstone makes her children’s food that way…(not joking)
:bird: :baby_chick:

:anguished:

(Zack F) #16

I don’t know about her but some traditional cultures have done that. I’ve read Eskimos but don’t have a source. In hunter gatherer tribes if there is a reason a woman can’t nurse then something has to be done.

(Khara) #17

I read A LOT of reviews last year before settling on this Cuisinart. It’s higher than your desired price point at about $169. I opted to spend a little more in hopes of only having to buy ONE. If this thing ever breaks heaven help whoever is in the room cause they’re gonna have to listen to my rant about how my grandparents had the same toaster/blender/mixer/dishwasher/etc their entire lives. Anyway, this doesn’t get a whole lot of use so I can’t say we’ve tested it really hard but we are pleased so far with the quality and it sure is handy to have it when we want it.

Braun is great Quality at least on Coffee Makers.

I have a Electirc Moka Coffee Pot and it’s more than 5 years old. Up until I bought it every Electric Moka Pot was priced from $30.00 -$60.00 and would only last around 3-5 months.

May have been expensive ($145.00) to begin with but over the long haul it’s saved me a ton of money.

I have really been punishing my poor old food processor - it now grinds up dog meat every week!

Impressive that it’s lasting so long. Meat is pretty tough.