Flourless Brownies

(Tracy) #1

I made these today and they are pretty decent when you consider they have no almond or coconut flour which can really cause the carb count to go up in desserts.

• 6 eggs - medium

• 160 g butter melted

• 60 g cocoa unsweetened

• 1/2 tsp baking powder

• 2 tsp vanilla

• 120 g softened cream cheese

• 4 tbsp [granulated sweetener of choice] or more, to your taste

• Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and using a stick blender with the blade attachment, blend until smooth.

• Pour into a lined square baking dish (21cm/8.5 inch).

• Bake at 180C/350F for 20-25 minutes until cooked on the centre.

• Slice into squares, rectangle bars or triangle wedges.

(Paulene ) #2

They look fabulous! but I get an error code on that link.

(Susan) #3

I did too, then did it again and it came up.

Thanks @kyarn

I am on a 96 hour fast atm but I copied the recipe to try next week =).

(Tracy) #4

I copy and pasted the recipe. I buy large eggs so I used 5 and it came out great. The sweetener is wishy-washy as far as measurements. I have a bunch of Splenda Naturals which is erythritol/stevia blend so I used about 4 tablespoons of that and it seemed sweet enough. You’d have to play around if you use pure Erythritol or other sweetener.

more butter? cream cheese?

(Tracy) #6

120 g of softened cream cheese. I’m not sure why that link didn’t work. I had to really clean it up even after I copy and pasted the text.

(Tracy) #7

If you eat them straight out of the oven, they taste like chocolate soufflé. Let them sit in the fridge over night and they get dense and taste like a cross between fudge and a dense brownie. Again, what’s impressive about these is how low in carbs they are.

(Susan) #8

Yes, thanks, Tracy they look great. I am just fasting atm so I need to wait until next week, but I will post here when I try them, thank you.