Fissler v Silit v All-Clad Pressure Cooker

(Vicki Apokis) #1

I am about to purchase a stove top pressure cooker. In my research I came across 3 pressure cookers, and I’m struggling to make a final decision. Some feedback would be appreciated if anyone owns any of the 3 brands.

The Fissler and All-Clad are around $400 AUD. These two are stainless steel with an aluminium base. The Silit is $229 and has an enamel coating.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Especially about the Silit and its enamel coating.

Please avoid mentioning other brands, because these might not be available in Australia.

(Julie Anderson) #2

How large are these? They seem quite expensive.

I am in the US, and for every day stove top pressure cooking I use a 6 quart stainless steel with aluminum base. For pressure canning, I have a 23 quart, also stainless steel with aluminum base. I could also use the larger one for cooking larger meals, but I have an Insta Pot like devise (called a Smart Canner) that I use for those activities.

I have found that the stainless steel with aluminum base pressure cookers heat evenly and clean up well.

I have no experience with an enamel coated pressure cooker.

Julie

I know you said not to mention other brands but are you only wanting to purchase a stove top pressure cooker or would you be keen to get a electric programmable one if they were available without teflon in Aus?

I’m in NZ and I purchased an Instant Pot from the Amazon UK because all the pressure cookers available in NZ were Teflon coated and I refuse to use Teflon.

I did a previous post about it…

Maybe an instant pot would fit the bill? I absolutely love mine. It does so much more than pressure cook too, sauté, steam, slow cook, make yoghurt, I can’t recommend it highly enough!

(Vicki Apokis) #4

Thank you both for your response. In the end I went for the All-Clad, and I’m so pleased I did.

I already have a slow cooker, and I find the all-in-one appliances confusing. So this is why I preferred a standalone pressure cooker.

The All-Clad has a timer which beeps and burps, so while there is some manual input through the various stages, the All-Clad keeps gives me loud audible signals. It is manufactured with quality in mind, which you should expect for $400 AUD. The fact that I can pull it apart and put it in the dishwasher is a bonus. Obviously the seal, timer and control panel do not go in the dishwasher.

As for the cook test - my son who constantly accuses me of being a gadget queen, and truthfully there is an element of truth in this, has said nothing. After the organic whole chicken I cooked in the All-Clad, his only comment was “this is the best chicken”. Oh, and the Indian butter chicken is also a regular favourite amongst the heir (daughter) and the spare (son).