First IF without fatty coffee or tea

(Carey) #1

I have been doing IF for several weeks but always with 1 T of coconut oil or butter or MCT oil in each tumbler of brew. I am going to start my IFs without the fat (just coffee, tea, WATER and salt) and try to build up to 20 hours but I feel anxious about it. Even my fatty IFs were headachy and uncomfortable at first. My head knowledge about this has grown from all the podcasts and books I have referenced but walking through it is not the same :flushed:

So any tips or thoughts to share? I am currently at 15.5 hours fasted with a goal of 20. Slept through 10 hours of it. No big deal right? Other than water and sea salt if I feel shaky, what can you offer as FOOD for thought? Thanks all!

(Jennifer) #2

I do water/tea/salt fasts all the time. Best tip? Stay busy. Lol…

And learn to read your body for when you really need to break your fast. If I don’t feel right, I will eat a few olives. If it passes, I continue, if not I start eating.

You can do it!!!

(Tim) #3

Try salty bone broth. This really helped me when I was first beginning to fast.

(AMaj) #4

I heard bone broth breaks your fast?

(Tim) #5

I don’t agree. You may be able to do a pure water fast and that is great, but if you are starting out with fasting you will still have good benefits even if you use bone broth to get you through some of the cravings.

(AMaj) #6

I agree with that