First Fast Amazing!

fasting
weightloss
intermittentfasting

(Eamon) #1

I’ve just completed my first fast. After going keto about 3 months ago I was initially sceptical about fasting and frankly I have been avoiding the subject. But I’ve stopped eating lunch simply because I don’t feel like eating in the day now so my confidence has been slowly building.
Then, without much forward planning I started Monday morning with just a Bulletproof Coffee for breakfast (no eggs in the fridge), had no problem missing lunch. Monday evening felt slightly weird because I was not sure what to do with myself in that time I am normally cooking/eating/washing dishes, but I did not feel tempted to snack at all.
Second morning I felt really good so just had another bulletproof and that kept me going all day no problem.
I must admit, I was ready for dinner tonight, so really enjoyed roast pork belly with curly kale to break my fast 48 hours after my previous meal.
I am blown away by how easy it was and how good I felt throughout including some speedy cycling to and from work.
Thanks to 2 Keto dudes and friends for all the inspiration!

(Brian ) #2

Good stuff! This is so true–it is so much easier to fast after doing Keto for a while. Our body is happy to burn our stored fat rather than a cheeseburger…Our brains and mouth on the other hand aren’t quite as thrilled. Keep up the good work! I am fasting today so the roast pork belly sounds amazing!