Finished my first ever 24 hour fast!

(Laura) #1

I know it’s not a big deal to some of you folks. :wink: But, I have been on keto before and could never get to 24 hours without getting a terrible migraine. I feel FABULOUS!! I am going to continue on to see if I can get to 48… but I will see how I feel. Hunger is just waxing and waning so I am just going on how I feel.
I love this forum for all the support and I don’t post a lot but I read every day… multiple times a day :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: KCKO!!!

(Susan) #2

Congratulations, Laura! It is a big deal, when it is your first, for sure. I felt that way too when I did it for the first time. Be proud of yourself and best wishes on continuing it for as long as you can, comfortably, don’t push yourself, just do what your body is good with =).

Seconded, we should listen to our body. I frequented fasting forums and it was so sad to see some people who suffered horribly but stayed “strong”…

Congrats, Laura! You feel fine so you do it right, I suppose :slight_smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

No, but it’s a big deal for you. Good job :slight_smile:
Soon 48 hours won’t be a big deal for you either!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

Great accomplishment Laura. I finally got around to trying EF Saturday through Monday, 48 hrs. I too was amazed how easy it was. I probably could have gone more hours or even another day but I decided to explore that later. I hope you’re successful with your 48 hour goal but if you eat it’s okay. You already did an incredible job of it and made a big red letter accomplishment! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Laura) #6

Thanks Susan :slight_smile: It has been an accomplishment of mine to go 24 hrs without a headache :+1:t2: So onwards and upwards.

(Laura) #7

Thanks Shinita. I feel listening to you’re body is very important. So, I’m going to wait and see how I do… :wink:

(Laura) #8

You bring up a great point David … I was always pushing myself the previous times doing keto probably fasting too soon. This time I have better understanding and not pushing myself too fast. Thanks for your support :heart_eyes:

(Jane) #10

It IS a big deal!!! Congratulations!

:tada:

Laura that’s a fantastic achievement. Be proud. Well done you! X

(Alicia Rodenhaber Crawford) #12

That first 24 is a great accomplishment! My first was a challenge with other people and I don’t think I would have made it without accountability. You did it woot woot!

(Eleonora Fois) #13

Laura congratulations! Fasting is hard especially passing the 24 hours it is very hard. I am on a 48 hours fast and the second day it is also very hard…I feel in my body when it is time to stop, I check my bg and if I have symptoms like feeling extremely weak or dizzy I stop…

(MyLove MyLife) #14

First time is always an amazing feeling. Soon 36, 48 hours fast.

(back and doublin' down) #15

Way to go! and yes, it’s a major accomplishment.

Don’t go longer than your body is telling you. You’ve already done well.

(NADIA GOODMAN) #16

Congrats Laura for completing 24hrs but more importantly for listening to your body.
That’s been my greatest learning curve with this lifestyle…being aware of what my body is telling me! Sounds so basic but for me it’s for sure the key to keto and IF.
:+1::+1::clap::clap: