Finally got round to getting a BK Meter

(Scott Telfer) #1

Nothing too exciting it’s just nice to share with people who understand and care! Have ate the various versions of the diets many of us progress through (Atkins, protein power, paleo etc) for about 7 years but always just felt I ‘knew’ when I was in ketosis. Finally bit the bullet and I’m incredibly relieved to find out I’ve not been deluding myself for years! Why on earth did I wait this long??

Nice!

I also have that meter (ordered from Australia), but have only used it for Ketone strips.

edited to remove my dumb errors. :wink:

How did you acquire the meter? Cost? How about Ketone strips?

(Scott Telfer) #4

It’s ketone measurement :slight_smile:

(Scott Telfer) #5

I got it through a pharma retailer friend for $35 AUD for kit and 10 strips. Box of 10 strips approx $10 AUD. I think they are pricier in the US?

We need to set up a AUS to USA Group buy for meters. :slight_smile: The meter you purchased is unavailable here in the USA.

I believe everything has to be shopped from another country and sent in, this applies to the ketone strips as well. I was hoping they were on the shelf now here in the USA. :frowning:

(Mike Glasbrener) #7

Agreed! I’m not sure why an over the counter item has the price differential… I suspect since it’s also a prescription type of thing they want to keep the price artificially high… I would love to buy a gkuco/keto meter. But at $2.50 a test strip it’s a tad of a luxury and not a need. So for now if I’m dropping the lbs I’ll live without. However, if anyone in the US has recommendations that aren’t too pricy I’d love to hear about them. :slight_smile:

Oh, sheesh, my brain isn’t working…you did write that you were testing ketosis. And I had a 4.2 ketone measurement this morning. :stuck_out_tongue:

That meter as well as the strips used to be available here (U.S.) through eBay from Australian Pharmacies. Not sure if that is still true.
Used to be around 86 cents per strip and the shipping was only about $11 to the east coast. The last time I bought the strips, my usual seller was no longer shipping to U.S., and the sellers that were, sold them for about $1.60 per strip and free shipping. That was a while ago, and I haven’t looked at eBay in a long time.

(Scott Telfer) #10

4.2? Your cooking with gas!! Fantastic result :slight_smile: