Fell of hard

(Joseph) #1

Hello Keto Family!

I had a rough last couple of weeks as far as diet is concerned. I started tapering off one of my antidepressants under doctor supervision and it was a little more than I could handle. I started slipping into a state of depression about a week ago and when that happened I noticed I slowly slipped away from my diet and eventually fell completely off. I had to call into work yesterday because my depression was so great that all I could do was cry and sleep. I’ve been dealing with co-occurring depression and drug abuse issues since I was about 14. I’ve been clean for a bit now but I came close to relapsing yesterday as the depression was so great and overwhelming. Luckily I didn’t pick up and put a drug into my arm and for that I am extremely grateful. I’ve got a bunch of great support around me and was able to get through that without picking up.

Got off track, ended up eating a whole pizza yesterday and like 6 maybe more like 10 snicker bars ( I NEEDED COMFORT FOOOOOD) and today have had some red bull and a mountain dew that made me feel like I was on crack again.

So! I am here to make a commitment to myself and to my keto family that I am getting back on the wagon again. I loved the energy, mental clarity, focus and of course the weight loss that came with Keto. I, Joseph, do solemnly swear that I will be back on the Keto wagon starting tomorrow, August 3, 2017!

Just had to post it here so I had something to get me motivated again and to check in and say HELLO!

KCKO peeps!

-Joseph :smile:

(Noemi) #2

So happy you are determined to get back, and the most important thing is you didn’t do any drugs! Depression is rough, and only those of us who have it (whether ourselves or a close family member) can understand.

Keep on keepin on! You got this.

I am just starting the keto journey, 50 lbs. is my goal.

Hope you continue to feel better!

(matt ) #3

Joseph
That took balls
Good on you
You got this!!!

Post about your journey. We are all friends here.

m

(Brendan Cole Sweeney) #4

Good job Joseph, I understand where you are at, I have Bi-Polar 1 myself. I know how hard it is to prevent you from destroying every bit of hard work you have accomplished, as well as picking up the mess when you just can’t manage the prevention that day. Rock bottom hurts but the climb back can be the best feeling in the world, and your admittance of what has happened is a great step forward.

Have fun on the journey that takes you where you want to be.

Cole

(Joyce Font) #5

You’ve got this! Tomorrow I start again like you. I feel of the wagon also a couple of weeks ago and today I said enough is enough. I needed a sign and read this! Thank you and YOU’VE GOT THIS!!!

(Sonia A.) #6

It takes real courage and strength to resist like you do and to make a commitment to yourself. I have no doubt that you’ll do just fine. You got this.

(Carpe salata!) #7

I really like how the negative and depressive thoughts get switched off with keto and it’s easier to stay positive.

I’ve been looking at getting a sous vide cooker and doing some nice fatty steaks…

Good keto vibes to you !

(Doug) #8

Joseph, welcome back to the wagon. :slightly_smiling_face: Your honesty and openness are admirable. It’s a good thing you’re back.

I fell off during the end of July also. We just have to say today is the day I recommit. One day at a time. And the days will start to add up. You can do it and we will be here to cheer you on, motivate you, and we can even give you a solid shove if you would like one…ha! It will help ease the depression while you are getting your meds regulated. Keep calm, me to on and come talk to all of us.

Welcome back, Joseph! You can do it!!! Come back on here and keep us posted, ok?

[Side note if you’re curious: I’ve been reading about cold therapy and how it’s super effective for some forms of depression. It’s also - well, it’s really cold :astonished: - but might help if/as you experiment with phasing out anti-depressants again.Rhonda Patrick has a pretty thorough analysis of some of the literature and I’m happy to post some links if you want more info.]

(migorstmarseille) #11

@KetogenicJoseph, thanks for being so candid and honest. I think it’s something people need to see more.

I relate to your addiction issues. I’ve been there, and have been away from it for almost a decade. Stress and depression have sent me to sugar/carbs and if you do, it happens. I’m just glad you didn’t go back out again.

Something I keep in mind, and there are variations on this saying: Fall down eight times, get up nine. Or, as many in this forum might say: Keep Calm and Keto On!

Glad you’re back Joseph!
:fist:

(Joseph) #12

Hey Y’all!

Wow! I am so happy to see all of the support and kind words. Thank y’all so much! I am at a loss for words! I am finally back to feeling stable on my medication and i’m incredibly grateful for that. Didn’t have to pick up any drugs and restart my count also incredibly beyond grateful for that. I’m also super grateful for y’all. It feels good to be apart of a community that is supportive, loving, and kind. THANKS :heart:

I am back on the Keto wagon. Things are going alright. Switched things up because I was bored with eating bacon and eggs all the time. Went back to my beginnings when I started doing Keto and hopped back on the Vegetarian keto plan! I swear I am addicted to greek salads and cheese.

Glad to be back y’all! It’s been a super busy past week. Working two jobs for a total of like 65 hours a week and then going to my AA meetings and working with my sponsor and trying to find time to do some self care. I’ve got my self care planned out for August 26 which I can’t wait for, going to start my full sleeve outline on my left arm! Life is great and beautiful!

Stay beautiful! <3 <3 <3

(Stickin' with mammoth) #13

What matt said, especially in regards to testicular fortitude.

(Veronica Worthy) #14

You can do it!!