Feeling sick and throwing up after carbs?

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #1

There has been two times in my journey where I have carbed up and regretted it immediately.

The first was last week, where I had a burger and chips.
Last night, I had a small fries from McDonalds and 3 nuggets.
I feel so crap today. I threw up this morning. Right after I had a BPC, and I only use butter and for some reason, it tasted like off milk. Getting the taste out of my mouth has been difficult.

On a good note, it reinforces the reasons not to cheat.

Just wondering if anyone else gets nauseous after ingesting BAD carbs again? I am trying to pinpoint why I feel this way.

Beginning 6th week with pretty strict keto.

Vomiting after cheat meal
What happened here?
(Shayne) #2

That’s a good "negative reinforcement " so long as you remember it the next time you want “bad” carbs.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #3

Absolutely. I will never eat another fry again, not worth the pain a whole day later and feelings of regret.

(Ron) #4

I think you are at a critical stage in the fat adaption process (being on the verge) and you are sabotaging the body’s process to convert. This is the time you need to dig deep and stay strong. After complete adaption you will have more leeway with tolerances. You can do it, stay strong!:muscle:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #5

I can’t love your comment enough. You are right! And I am sabotaging myself. I’ve worked so hard for this, why am I doing this to myself?

Thanks Ron, I’ll remember to stay strong and remind myself i’m almost over that hill.

(Omar) #6

Instant karma :joy:

(Terence Dean) #7

Did you feel hungry at the time or was this just a craving for carbs? So far I’ve managed to keep away from the fast food due mainly to the lack of starvation feelings. Do you think it was a thing where you thought you were hungry or was it a real need for carbs?

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #8

I was hungry because I had pushed my lunch back a few more hours than usual to almost 4pm and my mind just wanted it.
I won’t do it again though, haha. I was very good yesterday and am even attempting some fasting today.

(Terence Dean) #9

Ah yeah that makes sense, that happens to everyone at some stage. I try to stick to my schedule so my body doesn’t panic and say, “Hey! Where’s the damn food!??”. :fork_and_knife:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #10

Thats the plan from now on!
Im usually very good and struggle to think of something for lunch so it’s not as though my mind is always on food, quite the opposite!

(Sarah Bruhn) #11

You are not alone, I feel sick just looking at carbbage these days. Thank God i have no desire whatsoever anymore. It’s just pain for me- joints, migraine, nausea if i eat that stuff, my body says no.

(Terence Dean) #12

I can’t wait until this happens to me…at the moment when I go past KFC I begin to drool. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Terence Dean) #13

Have you tried Sara Horvath’s app, “Total Keto Diet”, its got some great ideas for lunch, breakfasts, dinners, etc.

One I’m going to try out tomorrow is her “Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado”, looks nice.
Calories 570, Fat: 45g, Protein: 29g, Carbs: 5g

(icky) #14

During my fat-adaption process I ordered a meal at a stoopid restaurant where we had an important work meeting. Not wanting to make a fuss, I ate most of it, tho there were more carbs in it, than I had expected.

While I didn’t vomit afterwards, I did feel really crap for 24 hours and was really surprised that I’d suddenly be “reacting” to carbs like this!

Now that I’m fat-adapted, I don’t find I’m sensitive to carbs like this anymore.

(Sherri Chapman) #15

I know I’m late, but I’m just over 2 weeks in and I had a small piece of bday cake last night. I got violently ill and woke up several times with night sweats! Ugh. Never again.

(Edith) #16

It might not be the French fries but the wheat/gluten on the chicken nuggets.

(Brian) #17

I am finding that WHAT the “cheat” is matters. Some things will cause way more of a reaction/response than others.

As a for instance, we have a few potatoes that we grew in our garden. We’ve been keeping them around mostly for when we get company and want some really good ones to serve them. But on occasion, we have a small helping of them with a meal. (I’m talking a handful of times a year.) We had some the other night, a small serving each. Total non-issue.

Last night, we ended up having dinner at an elderly couple’s house, dear friends of ours that we couldn’t say “no” to. Most of it was tolerable but at the very last, there was a piece of over iced Walmart cake got dumped on our plates. And we were polite and ate it. Tasted like sweet chemical soup and I spent a few hours last night feeling like crap. Interestingly, my wife didn’t react as badly as we anticipated.

I hate being put into that position and we normally try to do the best we can. Might be that last night will also reinforce the idea of saying “no” a little more firmly, at least when it comes to a dessert we both don’t want and know will make us sick.

For us, a little potato or sweet potato or a few beans or a little extra fruit is usually a non-issue. The sweets like commercial baked stuff, low fat “healthy” stuff, processed garbage that gets used as ingredients, those things can be real mine fields for us, especially when they’re not easily recognized. At least the whole food carbs are usually easy to recognize.

(Melanie Martin) #18

Thanks for the input on this rather gross subject . . . but 2 weeks in a row, I ate more carbs than I normally do and suffered severe nausea and vomiting. As far as assign-ability, the only thing I can link the two episodes together was ingesting higher carbs at dinner than usual. I normally try to stay within the 50 - 75 gram range per day, but I would say, in both instances, that I may have doubled that in one meal. It is either that, or I am developing a gall bladder issue–I guess I will see what next week brings! :unamused:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #19

This post was so long ago, lol, I can’t even remember writing it.

Well into my Keto journey now at 6 months :slight_smile:

I still get nausea when I eat too many!

(Carl Keller) #20

This is your body saying it can’t deal with McCrap any more. Hope you feel better soon Katie.

You could have used some divine intervention like this girl had: