Feeling sick and throwing up after carbs?

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #21

Hahahaha. Awww, the look of devastation.
I’m all good these days, thank you :slight_smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #22

I have no issues on my carb up days.

(Edith) #23

Were the carbs you ate something you would not eat full keto, for example, wheat?
Maybe its not the quantity of carbs, but an ingredient of the carbs you ate. Many people have gluten intolerance but don’t even realize it until they stop eating gluten containing foods.
and realize they feel better without it. People following this way of eating don’t eat gluten. If the carbs you ate were glutinous, maybe you were actually reacting to gluten … or some other food you haven’t eaten since starting keto.

(icky) #24

Sigh, so yesterday was Sunday, I was out with some friends, there were very limited food options where we were (nearly everything was shut) so I ate a meal that contained some carbs. Managed to “eat around” some of the carbs, but probaby ended up eating about 100 g of carbs. Also had white wine with the meal.

Today I feel like :poop::poop::poop::poop:

Looking through the forum, I saw that the exact same thing happened to me 5 years ago, the first time I tried Keto… Sigh…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #25

If you ate anything with wheat in it, it could be gluten intolerance, or even outright coeliac disease that is making you feel so bad.

(Geoffrey) #26

Back in my drinking days I would say “Sometimes ya gotta get drunk just to remind yourself why you shouldn’t get drunk in the first place.”

(icky) #27

Good point Paul, however I’ve been tested for both, multiple times over the years and always been told that’s not where my IBS comes from. I know that negative tests are not 100% certain, but for now, I’m accepting them at face value.

I think it’s this… Carbs are to my brain and body what alcohol is to an alcoholic or heroin is to an addict. I thought (foolishly) that I’d be able to handle that (actually very moderate) amount of carbs, but apparently not.
I mean, I’ve known for years that carbs and my brain and body do not agree but I can’t quite get that realisation to sink in to the point where I realise that 100g of carbs is enough to make me feel really sick for 24 hours and ruin my whole day, much like a proper hangover.
I guess we’ll see how long this most recent lesson “lasts” and after how many months I’ll have my next slip up and be like “I feel sooooo bad because I ate a meal containing carbs yesterday… Oh, yeah, I posted about this X months ago… Oh, it seems this is what always happens… D’oh!”

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #28

I used to know a guy whose mother would stay sober all year and then get drunk at Christmas. It used to bug him no end, until he was able to turn his thinking around and rejoice that she was sober the other 364 days of the year. I find that, as he did, the less I judge others, the happier I am.

I can understand you were hopeful. There is the amount, there is our memory that isn’t perfect… And we are subject to change. Who knows what happens if I eat a bunch of carbs, it’s not necessarily foolishness to try, it may be an educational experiment… And I truly think this, it’s my attitude. Of course I don’t go out of my way to eat carbs. That happens anyway. (I usually can handle it though. But not to the same extent even if I do the same.)

(icky) #30

Ugh, damn - I think I did it again. Ate a meal which had more carbs than I thought and felt miserable all of the next day. Can my brain puh-leeze register that taking risks with this is very uncool and leads to really bad results?!

(Robin) #31

Note to brain: SNAP OUT OF IT!

(Denise) #32

Even the thought of sugar, or carbs that are very high, make me want to throw up. Once I got rid of them, I did try a few more, like baking Almond Flour bread, but some like my blueberries, 1/4 C only, don’t bother me and I can really enjoy :slight_smile:

(Denise) #33

LOL, my brain shorts out too, but I do think I learned my lesson, hope hope hope!! :rofl: