Feeling Fed Up but know I can’t quit! No other options but really deflated! Help?

Scale changes just don’t tell you very much. What changes have you seen in your measurements?

(Martha Mac) #42

Hi all! I’m back on track now and losing again after fasting and increasing my caloric intake on feasting days. Yep increasing my intake! More food, less body fat! Who’d of thunk it! I’m not worried about the gains anymore either as I’ve been better educated about water weight and although I haven’t “thrown my scales away” I’m certainly not using them as obsessively as I was. I’m far more relaxed and just not going to stress about it anymore. Keep keto, keep fasting and just enjoying all the other benefits and the weight can worry about itself :slight_smile:

(Jane) #43

Stressing over the scale increases cortisol and stops far burning!!! Vicious cycle.

Glad you are back on track and losing fat again
:+1:

(Anne Brodie) #44

I have had very similar experiences. I’ve been eating “too few” calories over these months, although I want to understand more about that and am searching forums on that now. I weigh every day and sometimes more than once. Not good for many, but for me the structure helps. However, I gained 2.6 pounds this morning after eating over 2000 calories yesterday for the first time in weeks. Still under 20 carbs but lots of food. And I am telling this simply to share that I have the same reaction as you and I think that is normal! The thing is, when I show 2 pounds down in a day I am excited. Obviously fat does not come and go that fast. Also comparing to 10 pounds loss a week will deflate. Some who fast for a week don’t even lose that. Or even 5 per week. When heavier I would lose 2 pounds one week and then less than a pound the next and it mostly continued to flip flop like that. As I’ve gone down, so has the rate of weight loss. But my muscles have continued to increase.

I go on but mostly want to say that I feel for you and relate. Keeping on keto-ing on works over time for me. Also, I am loving walking for the first time ever and relate to your bike riding. That alone is a huge win!

(Terri) #45

Hi skinnyjeans13, how did you test everything you ate?

(Martha Mac) #46

Hi everyone / update on this - all I had to do was KCKO! I’m 10kg down and maintaining at least a kg a week weight loss now. Whenever I plateau I might fast for 24 to 36 hrs and I’m off again. I think this is a lesson in not panicking and giving up when we plateau and instead keep calm and Keto on

(Martha Mac) #47

sharing my Keto Sunday brunch - 15kg down today!! Boom!

Hey, well done you!
I’m new and I’ve had my first fall off the wagon. It’s been great reading your posts and knowing that a stall or a single rise in weight is not the end of the world. 15 kg!
Congrats :confetti_ball::balloon::tada:

(Martha Mac) #49

20kgs :smile:

KCKO

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #50

nice!

(Jane) #51

So glad you didn’t throw in the towel back in August. You look GREAT!

(mole person) #52

Omg… wonderful!!!

(*Tame Those Ghrelin Gremlins) #53

Everyone loses and gains day to day. I think it’s impossible to gain 5 pounds of fat in a day so that would definitely be water weight. Nothing to worry about, it took some time to gain it and it will take some time to lose it. Seems like it’s working for you!

Stacie, keep reading past the first post. She did KO and she’s doing great!

Oops I should have kept reading on! Glad she pushed through :slight_smile:

(Martha Mac) #57

Don’t ever give up or give in :wink: