February Zorn Fast 2018

(tammy cross) #244

60 hours into my first extended fast. - feeling great and not hungry! How long can she go???

(Mike Glasbrener) #245

I quite enjoy Gerolsteiner!!! My personal fav. When fasting.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #246

You didn’t mean abrasive, you meant hungry, right?? :wink: well nothing like embarrassing yourself in front of the entire forum to start your day off with a little self-laughter :raised_hands:t2:

Thanks! I’ll try that.

(Dustin Bell) #248

Don’t get so caught up on those numbers. How do you feel? How do you look? How are your clothes fitting? Look at non scale victories too.

(Lonnie Hedley) #249

Sorry, should say I am not fasting for weight loss. I’m just letting others know to expect to gain the weight back. I think proper eating is the best way to lose weight, not fasting. That’s why even though I gained back 5lbs right away I was able to lose 3 by eating well. My body likes where it’s at.

I’ve never been obese or had diabetes. I’m extremely lean and do Keto and fasting for health benefits apart from weight loss.

Thanks for the support though :grin:

(Kellyn ) #250

That’s my favorite, too.

We all got a nice chance to strengthen our fasting muscle :grin:

(What The Fast?!) #252

For some, not all (as you know). :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You guys, I FINALLY broke into the 130’s!!! 139.6 this AM. It has taken me almost a year to lose 10lbs, but it has finally happened…100% due to fasting. Early this week I did 89 hours, feasted on Valentine’s Day, then started then Zorn fast. I’m going to fast until tomorrow morning and eat before our weekend ride. :bike: :biking_woman:t2: :mountain_biking_woman:

(Trish) #253

January fast of 88 hours I lost 5 pounds. The following day I had gained 1 back but the day after that the 1 pound was gone again. I was actually a bit surprised to have lost that as I expected only a half pound per day based on TDEE.

(Candy Lind) #254

Enlighten us! How do you make this broth?

(Candy Lind) #255

NO WORRIES. We all lived through it! :wink: I personally would have FAR more to apologize for if I tried to post without my glasses. :rofl:
https://goo.gl/images/mt3SS8

I’m happy you figured out what works for you. I recall your frustration as you were trying different things. You stuck with it!!! Well done!

(Beth) #257

Yes, but I don’t expect to keep the entire 3 lb. loss, just maybe one lb. The goal for me is threefold in this order: 1) inflammation control for autoimmune arthritis that I don’t take medication for 2) Autophagy (cleaning up damage in my body) 3) weight loss (vanity)

When I first started Keto over a year ago I weighed about 150 at 5’1", which is quite big for that height. I lost 20 lbs quickly by being keto and fasting. I did several 72 hour fasts - maybe one every other week or every three weeks but ate above base metabolic rate in between to keep my metabolism from dropping. Since that initial loss I’ve just been keto eating above BMR most days and fasting 16:8 or 24 one or two days a week. That’s kept me stable. The remaining 5 or 6 lbs has been from this past three weeks doing AIP (autoimmune protocol) and this 36 hour fast. This is pretty impressive considering I spent my entire life worrying about my weight, eating low fat, high carb and was only able to lose a couple lbs after menopause using my usual tried-and-true method of extreme calorie restriction, which is totally different from fasting, imo.

It’s a therapeutic technique in which you gently tap on specific points on the head face and upper body while speaking aloud about whatever issue you’re trying to address, whether it be anxiety, physical pain etc. I won’t post the link because there are so many, but if you search “tapping” or “tapping for …” on Google or YouTube you’ll get a screen full. I even gave my dog a treatment yesterday lol.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #259

Basically it’s bone broth - hold the bones :grin:. I’ve been making it for years. Bone broth is relatively new to me and sometimes I can’t take the smell of it.

1 med onion, 2 or more cloves garlic, 2 sticks celery, 2 med carrots, couple handfuls dark leafy greens, large handful fresh parsley, potato peelings ( I used parsnips instead) I also added maybe a cup of chopped peppers this time as well as 2TB Italian Seasoning. Oh - and at least 2inch chopped ginger. Boil then simmer 45 mins. Strain out all veg. Season to taste. .

(Lonnie Hedley) #260

N=1, we’re all different.

Not that I don’t lose weight fasting, but my overall weight loss has been from low carb initially then to Keto. Learning about Keto helped me learn about the other benefits other than weight loss. Now that I’m at a healthy weight (some might think I’m underweight actually), weight loss is no longer my goal. Now it’s about feeling great. So far so good.

Glad you’ve broken through your barrier. Smooth sailing to the 120’s from here?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #261

Whoa whoa whoa!
STOP.
THAT IS TOO MUCH LITE SALT

1.5 teaspoons PLUS four bottles ketoaide equals 2.5 teaspoons of LITE Salt!
Lite Salt contains potassium. It absolutely is possible to overdo potassium with Lite Salt! People have ended up in the ER with heart palpitations. The most KetoAide I’ve ever had in a day is two or three bottles, maybe on rare occasion in the summer four but if I’m drinking KetoAide I DO NOT supplement with additional Lite salt! Only plain salt!
Your post has greatly concerned me. I will be messaging you in as many places as I can find to message you to warn you.

Take note fasting group, potassium is nothing to mess around with. I’m going to be adding a disclaimer now wherever it is needed.

(What The Fast?!) #262

Fingers crossed…I’m in Mexico next week for 5 days, so I’m being realistic about the gain. I’ll eat keto the whole time, but I don’t know how much regain I’ll have. I’m planning to do one more 3 day fast from Sun to Wed night when I lnd in Mexico. If I can get to the mid 130’s by then, I’m hoping I won’t have tooooo much work to do when I get home. I also have a wedding In Florida the following weekend!

Here’s the plan the next couple weeks:
Fast Sun - Wed (2/14) :white_check_mark:
Feast Wed (2/14) :white_check_mark:
Fast Thur - Sat (2/17) doing that now
Feast Sat, maybe Sunday morning
Fast Sun - Wed (2/21)
Feast Wed night - Sat (2/25) in Mexico
Fast Sun - Tues (2/27)
Feast Tues night (2/27)
Fast Wed-Fri (3/2) leave for Florida
Feast Fri night - Sun morning (3/4)
Then back to fasting

It’s a LOT of fasting but if I can manage to maintain or lose with all the travel, it will be worth it. Wish me luck!

(Candice) #263

Starting my fast again. Made it to 24 hours yesterday and then cut off part of my thumb with a mandolin slicer while making the kids dinner and subsequently broke my fast. Oh well, no big deal - I still got in 24 hours. I am at 16 hours now and plan to fast as long as I can (hopefully through the Monday holiday). I would like to also say - You are all awesome! Way to go on fasting!