February Zorn Fast 2018

(Candy Lind) #376

Good luck, if it’s the right job! :+1:t2:

(Candy Lind) #377

Never let ‘em see you sweat! :cold_sweat: You have to at least create an illusion of being in charge. :smiling_imp:

(Candy Lind) #378

Can you do that at the walk-in places? How much did it cost?

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #379

Waaaaaait…is this a 72hr fast or a 96hr fast? I thought it finished today. Just noticed first post says “through Sunday”. Was already planning my meal for later tonight :sob::sob::sob:

(Candy Lind) #380

You’re right - on both accounts! :rofl:

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #381

I’m doing 20 days of fasting (non-consecutively) in February (see Fasting February). Because of the large amount of fasting I wanted to make sure I was doing it safely. So I discussed it with my doctor before-hand and he gave me a standing order for the tests. I believe it will be covered by my insurance.

I don’t have the results back yet, I’m guessing I’ll have to wait until Monday.

(Candy Lind) #382

The ZornFast is defined as beginning Wednesday evening and breaking Saturday evening. But it is whatever you want or need it to be. Some folks were already fasting & jumped in for the “fellowship” - some have come in late and will continue to Sunday or beyond. KCFO, continue your meal planning, then KCKO. :innocent:

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #383

It officially goes from Thursday to Sunday, but everyone makes it fit their own schedule. If you are mentally ready to break your fast now, no problem. 72 hours is a great fast! This isn’t about fasting for the entire time, it’s about the support of the community and figuring out what your own personal goals should be to accommodate your body.

It’s whatever you want it to be… whatever is right for you!

(Karen) #385

All up to you. I’m late to the party so I’ll see how I feel

K

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #386

Thanks, guys! Feeling really woozy this morning so much so that I don’t think I should drive. I’ve kept up my electrolytes and salt, salt, salt.

I’m having some broth, salt and 1tsp coconut oil now. Hope that fixes me up. Must resist the Type A tendencies when it comes to fasting :roll_eyes::joy:

(KCKO, KCFO) #387

Have you looked into the diet doctor, he is Swedish, so might be a good resource for you, he puts up lots of Dr. Fung’s videos and some blogs as well.:

(TJ Borden) #388

Lot of good info and videos on diet Doctor. Following his site is how I got introduced to dr Fung, and then 2ketodudes. A few years ago diet doctor was just LCHF, but he’s also made the transition to keto/IF

(Candy Lind) #389

Agreed! One of the best LCHF/keto/fasting resources around, along with lots of medical information and real science.

(Lonnie Hedley) #390

65 hours. Took the pup for a walk around the block.

Feeling weak, but not from hunger. Opted to stop working out during the fast, but I’ll definitely be working out today. Need to feel that pump, take advantage of this extra energy.

(TJ Borden) #391

:joy:

I’m still in the keto/fasting closet at work, but my wife now, instead of asking what I want for dinner, asks first; are you eating today?

(Mike Glasbrener) #392

Broke a little while ago ar 61.5hrs. Spun for 40 minutes at ~60hrs. It might be a while before fasted outdoor rides happen. See y’all for March… Ack! Probably not☹️ Travel…

(Jackson ) #393

Almost 65 hours soon. One of the most surprising things for me on this first EF is how much I enjoyed it. Yes, I said ENJOYED IT. I’ve found it to be emotionally freeing, empowering, and a great (unintentional) exercise in mindfulness. Of course there have been tough moments, but all in all I am so glad I’ve had this experience.

(Karen) #395

Green tea and a bit of salt. My tummy’s so noisy. Day passing too slowly as Saturdays do for me.

K