FEBRUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Heather) #21

I’m struggling a bit with how I feel during my fasts. I don’t like laying awake in bed staring at the ceiling for hours, because I have so much pent up energy. Then, when I break the fast, I’m mad because I no longer have that energetic feeling and I have to eat :confused:. It’s an inner struggle for me…

HA! YOU’VE BEEN READING MY MAIL!!!

This is PREZACTLY how I feel, e.v.e.r.y. single time.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #23

I know exactly how you feel. So I am still trying to go for EFs but not long enough to get me to that I can’t sleep state.

The bigger struggle for me is with re-feeding though “I have to eat enough so I don’t slow down my metabolism” and then I just end up overeating by gross amounts…
Finding the re-feeding balance and the right mindset is such a struggle for me.

(Heather) #24

@Hardrock_keto_chick Yes! My first refeed meal is fine, I think mostly because my stomach has shrunk (temporarily) and I don’t want to feel overstuffed. The next day is a different story…

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #25

What is working for me is to eat a decent sized meal and wait 10 to 15 mins. Then if not to satiety I eat one or more of:[spoiler]pork rinds, macadamia nuts, big green olives[/spoiler] and wait 10 to 15 mins. I have overshot and felt too full so I an titrating the amount over maybe 45 mins to 1 hour. It is a learning process.

(Heather) #26

@goldwingnut Frustrating and exhilarating at the same time!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #27

Okay, no wonder I had trouble starting my fast this week.
Also my [spoiler]Chocolate cravings[/spoiler] are telling me it’s time to take up my zinc and magnesium regimen again…

I’ll stick to 16/8 this week and maybe a portion of next week and try to plan out my longer fasts a bit better :sweat_smile::expressionless::expressionless:

(Bob M) #28

Well, I’ll make it 36 hours today before I eat. I ate a bit late on Sunday (10pm, had a sausage), due to the Big Game (Super Bowl, in the US, which wasn’t super at all). Did Body by Science and HIIT this morning at about the 33 hour mark.

Hope to fast another 36 hours this week. We’ll see what happens. I tried this last week and made on 36 hour and one 22 hour (rest of the days are TMAD, two meals a day).

(Christopher Smith) #29

I do OMAD 22 to 23 hour fast per day. My daily carb intake is 15 to 20 Grams a day. I run using the MAF heart rate training method 4 to 6 hours a week.

(Bob M) #30

When do you eat relative to when you run?

I find I get super hungry after Body by Science and HIIT, which I do early in the morning. I can make it a few hours after that before I eat, but not much longer. I’ll then eat two meals in one day.

Trying another 36 hour fast today, for 2x/week. Will end tomorrow after Body by Science and HIIT. If I can handle this, I’ll try again next week. Then maybe the next, then a week off, then maybe a 4.5 day fast.

(John) #31

I did an intentional keto progress pause this week - nothing drastic, just ate a little more than usual and a bit higher on carbs than usual. I can tell, though, that I need to recalibrate my hunger signals, so I think today will be a fasting day to get that back into sync. Nothing but black coffee so far. It’ll be a long work day ahead so that will make it easy to power on through.

Oddly John, I can relate. I was actually thinking similarly last night and even mentioned to the Wife about possibly just Fasting today, just to basically skip a day and reset. (Not a long EF, but just a short burst. Maybe 36-48 - But I also don’t do these often and I’m thinking maybe I should start?)

I’ve kind-of felt somewhat robotic for the past week or two myself. I haven’t felt hungry at all, but this is nothing new, since I’ve pretty much felt like this since starting Keto. But I almost felt like I was just going through the motions more-so these past weeks? … But will see how it ends up rolling out. :slight_smile:

(Bob M) #33

It is easier if you have a good workday.

Well, I quit at 22 hours yesterday. I was having no problems, but when I got home, my wife had some [spoiler]delicious pork chops made (sous vide, of course)[/spoiler], and my mother was joining us, so I ended up eating.

Oh well, will try for 2x36 hours next week.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #34

I’ve been doing OMAD for the past 9 or so days.
I’m not sure what the difference was yesterday, maybe the [spoiler] Starbucks Iced Green Tea, no sweetener[/spoiler]. I had some of my best numbers ever (before supper BG 62, BK 5.0).

Once I get my new set of strips I plan to test more.

(KCKO, KCFO) #35

I just realized I am usually doing a 48 hr. fast on Thursday and Fridays, but not this week. I felt like something was off all day until I realized, oh I am normally full on fasting on Fridays.

This week I am just doing the TEW protocol so had lunch and will have some dinner shortly. Just not used to eating on Thursdays and Fridays.

Shoot.
I’ve been swallowing toothpaste this whole time and thought I was intermittent fasting. :stuck_out_tongue:
j/k
I normally go 4:30pm dinner and don’t eat till about 4:30 again the next day.
I do work a shift job for my 2nd job so I sometimes go 4:30pm to 10pm on other days.
When I go longer it’s for up to two days so I have not fasted more than two days (in a row, 48 hours).

I’m actually just over 29 hrs. presently. Last night was talking with the Wife, and told her I really don’t do many short Fast, but think I might start throwing some in. I usually shoot for the weekdays, but don’t want it to get to be a regular thing. Going all week does allow me to go 120 hrs. but when I don’t fast, I usually do OMAD, but do try to throw in a second meal here and there, just to keep it mixed up.

So we decided to go ahead and do a short fast together, and break sometime tomorrow. Especially since I like eating on weekends, so meals can be made with no rushing, such as evenings after work. So I should be doing a a 45-48, give or take once I break. … thinking of doing some of these, with full weeks thrown in to see if this work well. :slight_smile: … Happy Fasting folks!

(John) #38

I’m about 24 hours in. I did have a [spoiler]mug of chicken broth, 2 g protein, 10 calories[/spoiler]. Otherwise just tea, black coffee, water, and some flavored sparkling water during the day.

I’ll see how tomorrow goes as to whether I keep going or stop at 36 like I had originally planned.

(Shane) #39

Looks like I’ve started another extended fast.
I didn’t bother having breakfast until after 3pm yesterday. Normally an hour or so earlier.
I ate[spoiler] the last of the fresh meat and yoghurt 2 hours later[/spoiler]. That was 21 hours ago and I haven’t eaten since, so seems like a good time to do a fast and re-feed before I have to pretend to be a bit social in a weeks time.
And BG is almost in EF mode already which seems to settle around 4.4 with the odd dip.

I forgot to hit the reply button before I wandered off outside. It’s almost 3pm here now and I’m not even a little bit hungry, so it’s officially on.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #40

Accidental 34h fast here.
Giving my circumstances I was planning to do omad. But yesterday I just forgot to take my lunch with me and was okay. Then I was hungry before workout. I allowed myself to have something after but lost hunger by then and had great company…