Favourite Pots and Pans?

These Australian one-piece stainless steel pans are heavenly. I would love one… or two… or three!

http://www.solidteknics.com/solid-products2/

(Richard Morris) #2

the guy who made these went to school with my youngest brother. I have the Sauteuse.

Jelly

I get ALL my kitchenware at thrift stores. It’s typically some super expensive, heavy aluminum clad device. And a cast iron pan. And all kinds of Pyrex, FireKing etc. For pennies on the dollar. :slight_smile:

Pictures later, maybe…

My latest addition. BACON PAN!! $8 IIRC. And it is heavy “Food Network” branded.

Me too. Mine are hand me downs and I think I also found one here when I moved in (amongst the junk and 100s of shoes). My favourites…

The cast iron pan was a hand me down from my mum I think. The steel omelette pan was left on top of the bins (people do that with decent stuff someone else might like) in my village. The wok is a nice size - not too big - and has a flat bottom area which is useful. I got it in a Chinese supermarket when I was a student in Liverpool about 25 years ago!

For me, nothing beats a Creuset dutch oven.

A classic indeed.

(Patty W) #8

I love my All-Clad pans, Le Creuset dutch ovens, & have a new appreciation for my Lodge cast iron skillets.
All-Clad & Le Creuset can be expensive but I was fortunate to find a good deal on Ebay for the All-Clad & I live near a Le Creuset outlet store that had some items for 60-70% off.

I know the gear doesn’t make the cook, but when I have cookware that is a delight to use, I feel like a chef.

(Jake P) #9

I mostly use a Lodge cast iron skillet. Not a pot or pan, but I love my DIY smoker. Pound for pound I probably make more food in that than any pot or pan.

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #10

All Clad is made less than 10 miles from me. :blush: I have A Berghoff stainless steel set that I love. Very well made and durable.
This set, actually (though I think I got it for about $150 USD)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EHXVS8/ref=asc_df_B004EHXVS84756011/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B004EHXVS8&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167126565975&hvpos=1o9&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12182994002948775575&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9052879&hvtargid=pla-465674646432

(Bacon for the Win) #11

I have a few pieces of All - Clad that I’ve managed to accumulate over the years. Finally have a gas stove and oven to cook with too. I find the more fat used in the pan the better they perform. Spouse loves his cast iron and makes the most amazing frittatas in them.

I need one of those in between pans - not sure what they are called? Tall-sided frying pan bit not yet a saucepan? :wink:

I love mine too and, yes, always works better with more fat!

(jketoscribe) #13

I discovered cast iron this year. My husband had a set of skillets. They are not in the greatest shape and I can’t do full out re-seasoning in the house (no vent, smoke alarm, anxious old dog) but I’m just using them and oiling them up and gradually reseasining them. I love them! Husband has a beloved old cast iron (no enamel) Dutch oven, too but I’ve been lusting after an enameled Dutch oven (must be blue!) for decades.

(Rebecca) #14

I’ve got 2 of the Solidteknics ion fry pans and a wok. Saw something the other day about there next products being saucepans and knives.

I imagine they last for several lifetimes at least?

(I like to post memes!) #16

I’ve never had the pleasure of cooking with Le Creuset. I’m quite happy with my Aldi cast iron knock offs, I assume they are similar!

Just as long as the food tastes great, nothing else matters…:grinning:

(Ross Daniel) #18

12" Lodge is my go-to. It stays on the stove, that is where I store it. I leave the bacon grease in it for the next cook. I cook a heart healthy breakfast of thick cut bacon and eggs fried in said bacon’s grease every morning. I also use it for most other meals as well, unless the need for a wok or deeper pot for liquids comes up. At some point I may upgrade to a 15" because we are expecting our first child this summer, but until they are eating bacon and eggs, the 12" should do.

https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L10SK3-Pre-Seasoned-Skillet-12-Inch/dp/B00063RWUM?th=1

(Arlene) #19

Cast iron is the way to go. All other fry pans are just a hassle to use and clean. Cast iron is truly non-stick, without any worry about unhealthy non-stick coatings. I leave mine on my stove top as well. Use it for most everything.

me too. I use one every day. I have a little omelette pan that gets used daily too.