Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - please share!

(Natasha) #1

I made these today. They were nice, but not exactly what I was hoping for. Base of the recipe was 1/2c coconut flour, 1/2c butter, 2 eggs. Apart from the crunchy outside, they were quite cake-like (next time I am thinking of adding some desiccated coconut, I that would be delicious, they’d taste like macaroons) but what I’m really looking for is something more crunchy and traditional cookie-ish. I think this means using some almond instead of coconut flour? Pease share your recipes. :grinning:

I’ve been doing this one for a while, pretty good!

Haven’t tried any myself but maybe a keto shortbread recipe would be closer to the crunchy texture :thinking:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #4

My problem is, they never make it into the oven. I end up with 2 actually baked cookies and the rest was eaten raw with a spoon.

(Tammi) #5

These look delicious and your description – crunchy outside, soft inside – sounds like my kind of cookie! Recipe please :slight_smile:

(Natasha) #6

Thank you! :smiley: :cookie:

(Natasha) #7

Yes! Good idea, chocolate chip shortbread sounds delicious! :grinning:

(Natasha) #8

:smiley::cookie: It was:

1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup melted (salted) butter
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 medium eggs
2 tbsp truvia sweetner (but you may want to use more, I’ve lost my sweet tooth!)
50g 85% chocolate chopped

Melt butter/coconut oil and stir in truvia (this helped make it less grainy).

Mix dry ingredients (except chocolate) and beat in eggs then add melted butter etc. Finally stir in chocolate. I baked them on 160 celsius for just under 20 minutes.

(Tammi) #9

Thanks, Natasha!

(traci simpson) #10

Making on Sunday!!!

(CJ Shrader) #11

I know carbquik gets a bad rap from some but I think they make the best cookies I’ve had on Keto:

http://tovaindustries.com/carbalose/recipe2.php?c=26

(traci simpson) #12

These were so good!!! I used Erythritol instead of Stevia but man or man I can’t stop eating them.

(Natasha) #13

Yay! :cookie:

(Jeffrey Hendricks) #14

I love these so much.

(Khalil Islam-Zwart) #15

I always overcook these just a bit but they are delicious!